Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another final bill query - Ticket 107781788

pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Another final bill query - Ticket 107781788

My phone line is due to migrate from PN on August 4th and this terminates all services on my account.  My billing date is August 2nd however so I'm assuming that you will request a ful month's payment then only to refund most of it a couple of days later?
Please also confirm that me putting more information on the tickets hasn't accelerated an automatic cease of my services, as the initial comment in the ticket implies!
8 REPLIES 8
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Another final bill query - Ticket 107781788

Hi pwatson,
Yes, you'll be refunded the majority of it straight back. It will absolutely not accelerate the cessation. An order with a different provider is impending for an agreed date of the 4th, and we won't touch that.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
pwatson
Rising Star

Having now migrated both my FTTC and phone services I've been waiting patiently for my refund.  A service notice has finally appeared on my account saying that I am due a refund of £11.73.  No explanation is given as to how this figure has been calculated and I dispute it.  I believe that I am due a refund of £39.19  (See attached breakdown)  I've ignored the fact that the broadband actually migrated on the 21st and not the 22nd as per your tickets at the time.
I look forward to a an explanation of how you've arrived at the figure you have presented and confirmation that I will receive all that is due back to me this month please.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Having a look at this now, my maths is completely different to both your working out and the refund already given, so give me a few mins!
Ah-ha, my maths matches yours apart from I worked from a standard 30 day month Wink
I'm sorting the refund out now and will completely close your account down shortly (this will remove your access to our website and email).
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pwatson
Rising Star

Hi Chris,
Thanks for sorting this out.  I think the discrepancy between our maths was down to the 2/3 days of phone line rental in the current billing period?  I'm happy if you're happy Smiley
It would still be good to know how the billing random number generator came up with a figure that was around a 1/3rd of the actual value though...  Roll_eyes
pwatson
Rising Star

Email received this morning regarding the cancellation and my account has indeed been cancelled.
We're emailing you to let you know that as your cancellation request has now been placed. Your cancellation will take place on 15/07/2015.

As a bit of final feedback, it's just these sorts of backend errors that knocked my faith to such a point that I left...  Sad
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

That's probably my fault! When I closed the account it asks for the date of the cancellation request, I put early July down to stop it trying to generate any charges.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pwatson
Rising Star

Ah - Understood  Wink
wayo231
Dabbler

Quote from: pwatson
Email received this morning regarding the cancellation and my account has indeed been cancelled.
We're emailing you to let you know that as your cancellation request has now been placed. Your cancellation will take place on 15/07/2015.

As a bit of final feedback, it's just these sorts of backend errors that knocked my faith to such a point that I left...  Sad

It is just a pity that having a closed a/c doesn't stop Debt Management emailing to demand you call them because despite paying the 'final' balance they have been informed that you have left Plusnet with an outstanding balance that needs to be settled in 14 days or it will be passed to a collection agency. The fact you can't log in, and your call centre can't see this balance is no mitigation....