cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another derisory compensation offer

BobH

Another derisory compensation offer

So after 21 days of no internet I've just been offered a mere £10 compensation.

I realise Plusnet aren't yet signed up to the automatic compensation scheme (in which I would be recieving £160)  but as they have committed to joining it I felt the compensation offer would and should be closer to the new scheme

To say I'm unhappy is a huge understatement, the only thing in my favour is that my 12 month contract has just finished so I'm free to look at other offers, in fact I've just been advised to do so by a Plusnet member of staff.

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Another derisory compensation offer

I guess that this is part of the deal when choosing a budget broadband provider. Compensation for the unlucky ones with faults will result in higher prices for everyone. Whether to choose an ISP that offers compensation is up to the individual.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

BobH

But that's just the point, I chose Plusnet (£1 less than the BT offering at the time I signed up) to get a decent service, rather than choosing a budget provider.

If Plusnet are now classed as bottom scrapers I've obviously miss understood their standing

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi BobH

Welcome to the Plusnet Community

I think this will be of interest to you see the last messages 35 and 36 may be worth sending   a private message just click on his name

https://community.plus.net/t5/Home-Phone/Plusnet-happy-to-leave-family-with-a-3-yr-old-autistic-chil...

Brian A 

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @BobH

Thanks for getting in touch.

Having reviewed your account, I can see that one of my colleagues has raised a ticket for you here which details the downtime refund and gestures of goodwill which have been offered - these are both fair and, with respect, equate to more than the £10 you've stated in your original post.

Please let us know if you'd like to accept the resolution which has been offered - I feel it is fair and proportionate to the downtime you've experienced.

Best wishes

Dave