cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Declined Cashback

NeilG2018

Another Declined Cashback

I've recently been advised by Quidco that my cashback claim for £100 has been declined.  Despite following the correct procedures when placing my order.  This, naturally, is disappointing.  Please advise who at PlusNet deals with such matters.  Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Re: Another Declined Cashback

Hi @NeilG2018

I have checked your promotional code you signed up against and I'm afraid it does not include a cashback. Is the cashback you are trying to claim for your current or a new account? Did you sign up through Quidco when you opened up the account? Also, you should have been provided with a reason to why your claim was rejected if you log into the Quidco website. Please let us know the reason it was rejected so we can advise you on the next step.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
NeilG2018

Good evening,

Thank you for your prompt response.

To continue, I'm not sure what promotional code you are referring to.  There was no code when I signed-up.  I did, however, sign-up through Quidco as I mentioned in my initial post.  After signing up I was advised by Quidco that my claim would be submitted on the 8th March.  A couple of weeks ago I received this response:

"We are writing to you about your cashback claim, as we have now had a response from the retailer.
Unfortunately they have declined your claim advising us that Quidco have not been recognised as the referrer for this purchase"

I followed the correct procedures through the Quidco site and your further advises are awaited.

Thanks.NG

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

When you select a promotion on a site like Quidco, they create a cookie on your browser. You are then directed to the sellers website, Plusnet in this instance.  When you are placing an order with them they'll pick up the last one of those cookies that was created and assign the "promotional code", which will say who you are signing up via and what the promotion was at the time of you signing up.

What @Beyhive is saying is that the "promotional code" assigned to your account isn't one for cashback.  What isn't clear is if there is a "promotional code" on your account for anything else.

Some possible causes for this would be if you have cookies blocked, or you have deleted cookies yourself between visiting Quidco and signing up.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @NeilG2018,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

The promotional code is created on your account here at the point of sale. This tells us how you came to Plusnet and is vital to tell us how well our marketing is doing. When coming through an affiliate they will record a promotional code for you on their hand over to us.

If you have been declined for a cashback offer from Quidco, we will need evidence from you to confirm you did apply via a specific offer from Quidco. Please provide specific information as to the date/time and the offer in question so that we can look at this again for you.

Thanks - LF

NeilG2018

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your reply.  I will respond further via private message as the information will be of a personal nature.

Thanks.  NG.

NeilG2018

Good morning LF, Please confirm you are in receipt of the private message sent. Thanks, NG.
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Thanks for getting back to us @NeilG2018.

I have investigated this and checked over your account in depth. As my response includes mostly account specific information I have created a ticket with further information for you. You can view the ticket here.

Thanks.