Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annual line rental and broadband contract

davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Annual line rental and broadband contract

Just agreed a very satisfactory renewal deal for b/band with 18 month minimum term;Also renewed my legacy ALR deal.

Just an idle thought, what happens in 18 months if I decide to move b/band supplier midway thru next ALR deal? Am I forced to move phone 6 months early,or can I see out the PN deal to the end?

5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Annual line rental and broadband contract

you can keep the phone with Plusnet while migrating the broadband but having said that most of the larger ISP's won't supply broadband only

davidj66
Aspiring Pro

Thanks Oldjim!

Seems to have turned round totally in the two years since I last did price comparisons! Even now,much more difficult to find a reasonably priced b/band supplier without rental. Oh well, projecting ahead the PN costs over 2 years is only a few quid more than Sky even if I stay with PN -and I REALLY don't want to give the Evil Empire my business.

davidj66
Aspiring Pro

Reading the emails sent to me after agreeing the broadband deal, I've noticed something which doesn't seem quite right. My previous 24 month deal finishes on 4th July - I expected the new deal to commence then HOWEVER, in both the emails and the Account Details the start date is shown as the 10th June, so effectively I've been done out of 24 days of the previous discount!

Is this other people's experience of renewal?? ie "instant" recontracting.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Is 4th July your billing date? Though the new deal runs from when you phoned up charging starts from next billing date.

David
davidj66
Aspiring Pro

Billing date was/is the 5th of the month.. I assume that this will remain. Also noticed that the usage stats have been reset from 10th ,so I have usage shown from 5th to 9th inclusive, then new month starts from 10th.

Guess I'm going to have to ring to check when the 18 months actually ends, 4th Jan.2018 or 9th December 2017 !!