cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

And I though talktalk were the worst telecoms company of all time...

currant101
Dabbler

And I though talktalk were the worst telecoms company of all time...

What an incompetent and dishonest shower of nomarks plusnet have turned out to be.
After paying a year's line rental in advance, plusnet have charged us monthly line rental on top of that again.  Customer "support" giving us the run around, deliberately wasting our time and not refunding the double billing and are still refusing to remove the double billing from the next bill.  Oh, and charging us for a few days short of a month for line rental before they said we would be connected (we paid BT line rental during that time so that is two line rental charges at the same time, obviously plusnet have obtained payment for services not provided).
We ordered and paid for caller display, which was never added but plusnet still took the money.  The only thing plusnet have promised was a refund of the 99p charge (which they still  haven't done).  Customer "support" giving us the run around on that as well.
Telephone call quality is so poor that we have to use mobiles at great expense. Hell, we couldn't even call plusnet on the home phone to report the problems!  We get BBC Radio Merseyside just by picking up the handset.  What are the odds that plusnet will charge us for that as well instead of making good my Mrs' top ups on her mobile?  Interfeerance, crackles, you name it, we are suffering from it yet plusnet are not interested in sorting it out.
Plusnet also left us without broadband for a week, they said we would be connected on one date and it was eight days later we were able to connect.  Plusnet have done nothing about that either except take money from our bank account.  The download speed is around a third of what was advertised (promised 17.5Megs, said we acheived 14megs, measured actual was 6.6Megs although there are constant drop outs).  We live a couple of minutes walk from our telephone exchange and can see said exchange from our front gate.  Plusnet's customer "support" have said they are not concerned about the speed drop although they have admitted there is a "problem" (without specifying said problem).  That sort of drop in speed would be expected from being many, many miles away from the exchange and routed through all kinds of jury-rigged junction boxes - not from an exchange you can see when putting the bin out.
I was a telecoms fitter so have some idea what I am talking about, even if I can't climb telegraph poles these days. Plusnet were told that a filter should have been fitted to the exchange -  OpenReach confirmed this when I contacted them, seeing as we were getting messed around so badly by plusnet.  There was a filter their previously apparently.
Plusnet were also asked not to call my Mrs at work, not every employer want's their staff engaged in other things when at work.  Plusnet ignored this reasonable request several times.  No common decency.  Plusnet also had the audacity to patronise and intimidate her when she called them, forcing her to accept a £60 engineer's fee levy if it is a problem in the house.  Which there isn't, again confirmed by OpenReach.  As I installed the couple of extentions to regulations, I was rather offended when plusnet came out with that.
It is bad enough having technical issues.  What has really caused my blood to boil is the utterly disgusting and dishonest manner in which plusnet's customer service clerks have handled matters.  Sending people around in circles in order to put people off complaining seems to be common these days.  Having hammered TalkTalk in the courts and got a substantial award for damages for their disgusting customer service, I will have no hesitation in taking on plusnet if they continue to jerk our chains and steal our money.
Do the decent thing and sort this out plusnet, without treating your customers like children who do not know anything.  This means fix the problems and compensate us for what your disgusting customer services have done to us, plusnet.
14 REPLIES 14
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: And I though talktalk were the worst telecoms company of all time...

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you've encountered here.
I've not looked into the full history of this issue yet but just wanted to drop you a quick reply before I do to say that I'll do my best to oversee all of these issues being picked up and resolved as soon as possible.
I'll begin looking into this now and will get back to you again as soon as I'm able to.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
currant101
Dabbler

We've had plusnet "assurances" that things will be addressed from your company before.  Nothing gets done, apart from being lied to.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Give the Digital Care Team a chance, they usually succeed where others fall by the wayside.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
currant101
Dabbler

Hmmm... Sounds like Virgin Media's approach.  Company only responds to social media critisim.
The issues have been going on for several weeks though.  No-one should have to put their problems out in the open in order for anythinig to get sorted out.  We've handed over a lot of money to plusnet and all we've had is grief.  We both wish we never bothered using plusnet.
dick:quote
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've just taken a good look over your account so let me cover these issues one at a time for you.
With regards to the suspected double billing, it isn't the case. I'm sorry if this perhaps been well explained to you but if the LRS (line rental saver) offer is taken at signup we do charge for line rental on the first monthly bill too, however the LRS contract doesn't take effect until after the single month of line rental you've already paid for, this has worked in the following way in your case:
You signed up mid-March and the payment for LRS (for 12 months of line rental) was taken on the first invoice (39984185)
Following the activation of your services you were billed for a single month of line rental which covers you until the next bill, following that the LRS contract will take effect.
With regards for caller display, I'm not sure what else we could do than refund you any fees incorrectly taken if that service isn't required, if it is then please let me know and I'll make sure its applied and billed for correctly.
I've noted from what you mention and on the ticket you've raised too that you don't wish to be contacted by phone with any updates. Could you please clarify whether you would prefer to be updated by SMS or support ticket or perhaps both. I'll then handle any further communication regarding these issues and make sure no attempts are made to call. Please bear in mind however that I'm not a member of the complaints team (digital care) as strat says which means I can assist with your issues but the complaint itself will be picked up and handled by our complaints guys as per our complaints code of practice: http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/complaints_code_of_practice.shtml
With regards to the fault issue, this is in the hands of our faults team who I'm confident can help resolve this, I'll broach this particular case with a faults team leader to make sure we are giving this the urgency it needs. I'm concerned however that what you've mentioned with regards to issues with using the phone line could be linked to this. Could you tell us more specifically what happens, i.e do calls drop, is the line noisy etc? I'm sorry if we have asked this before but I feel it best to get straight to the point and understand if a PSTN issue might be causing the broadband fault.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
currant101
Dabbler

What a load of rubbish you have come out with, Adam Walker.
How many times do we have to tell your company that you are charging us twice for services?  Carrying on invoicing us twice for services (whole years line rental paid up front, £13.99 charged for line rental in April, £13.99 line rental charges posted for May as well).  No additional line rental charges whatsoever should have been raised until a year later.  We are not interested in your customer services trying to BS their way into adding extra charges.
To add further insult, your customer services have yet again lied to us, citing we have not been overcharged when we clearly have.  To add yet more insult, we have been unable to use internet for days because of plusnet.  Naturally we demand a refund for not being able to use services we paid for in good faith.
These "tickets" plusnet use are a joke.  Your staff cannot (will not more like) link one issue to another.  Some close tickets without fixing faults or resolving complaints like [mremoved].  Others like [removed] have lied to us (falsely stating there is no overcharge when your other customer service staff have said there has been over charges).  Worse of all is the likes of [mremoved], who refuses to honour our statutory rights to compensation and refunds for failing to provide services or acceptable quality services.
Many of the commensts in these tickets include utter jibberish and anacronyms which make no sense whatsoever.  USE THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE WHEN ADDRESSING CUSTOMERS.  What the hell is PSTN and the rest of the garbage you lot are coming out with?
Oh, and your disgraceful customer service staff are still harassing my other half at work when told not to.  Intimidation as well as bullying from your customer services is sickening.  Do not insult my intelligence by denying this is happening.
Tests, tests, tests is all we are getting from your lot.  You have been told a filter needs to go on the exchange.  Openreach have told you that as well yet you haven't.
Posting personally identifing information, such as invoice numbers, in a public forum is a disgrace.
And stop your customer services from pestering my other half at work.  There will be hell to pay should any of your disgusting customer service clerks contact us on our wedding day or honeymoon.  You've spoilt our home life, work life - we won't let you spoil our wedding and get away with it.
dick:csa
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: currant101
Posting personally identifing information, such as invoice numbers, in a public forum is a disgrace.

Pot, kettle? I suggest you read the forum rules regarding the posting of Plusnet support staff names!
In any case invoice or ticket numbers are not identifying information.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm sorry you feel that way about my responses, I'm only here to help and will continue to do my best to do so.
Our only interest is to get this sorted out for you.
To keep the lines of communication open can you confirm (privately by private message via here if you prefer) if any of the contact number on the account are for you or your wife? if they are not for you could you please let me know an appropriate number that we can contact you on?
Telephone call quality is so poor that we have to use mobiles at great expense

I'm concerned the problems with call quality are also what's affecting your broadband, is this still an issue? Please let me know so we know how to progress this for you. Incidentally a line test I've just done shows there could be an issue there, however we'd like to talk you through a few checks first to make sure the cause of that isn't within your premises before even considering booking an engineer visit.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
currant101
Dabbler

If you were indeed "sorry" about the issues raised, your disgusting company would have sorted them out instead of lying to us and defrauding us of money.
What are you going to do about that disgusting [mremoved] who verbally abused and insulted my wife on the telephone?
We have had enough of plusnet..We will be taking legal action against your company.
dick:csa
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@currant101
Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
To keep the lines of communication open can you confirm (privately by private message via here if you prefer) if any of the contact number on the account are for you or your wife? if they are not for you could you please let me know an appropriate number that we can contact you on?

Did you do that? Usually people pop a post on here such as "PM sent".
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

What are you going to do about that disgusting [removed] who verbally abused and insulted my wife on the telephone?

I'm sorry if you feel that way. I won't defend anyone here who may have given bad service. Can you let me know when this happened and who was involved. Feel free to do so via private message as any agent names in posts will be removed from them.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

you have a pm
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@currant101
Whilst I fully understand your anger at Plusnet charging you line rental again in May after you'd paid for the LRS have they not yet refunded that payment? If not they certainly should have, and there is no excuse for not doing that. Have you incurred any additional costs as a result of them taking this payment - ie Bank charges?
But here is something I don't understand
I was a telecoms fitter so have some idea what I am talking about

Then surely you understand that the reference to the £60 charge if the problem is in your side of the installation, ie your side of the NTE5a is a standard statement made by all ISPs/CPs.
We get BBC Radio Merseyside just by picking up the handset.

Then surely as a former Telecoms fitter you would have realised that this was due to a bad connection somewhere on your line and have reported a phone fault as soon as you discovered this. Openreach as I'm sure you are aware cannot not fix the line until you report the phone fault to Plusnet. It's hardly Plusnet's fault that the line problem is there!
I'm also rather surprised that you didn't realise, or that nobody it would appear has told you, that until the phone line fault is fixed, your broadband performance will be badly affected.
Is your phone line fault now fixed or do you still get Radio Merseyside?
Johnelf

Blimey
It could be worse.
You could be the poor young lady who is marrying this guy  Crazy
We all have issues etc and moaned at people  but your posts are  a little ott. Is itworth the blood pressure?
To quote that famous advert. Calm Down Dear!!
John