cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An existing Unlimited customer...

flyboy78
Dabbler

An existing Unlimited customer...

So I upgraded to Unlimited over the phone many months ago when the Unlimited package was essentially 'off the record'. I'm currently paying £21.34 a month, but now I see Unlimited is officially on offer for a measly £9.99. Never mind the 50% discount, as I understand that is for new customers. All I want to know is will there be a change in charge for those already on Unlimited, or is there way to amend the the payment package?
15 REPLIES 15
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: An existing Unlimited customer...

There isn't an automatic change for any existing customers, however you can 'upgrade' to the new Unlimited package. Cost depends on your exchange Market area and whether you agree to a 12 month contract.
See the faq here http://community.plus.net/unlimited-faq/ and the price table summary here http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/5630-plusnet-in-push-to-join-the-six-providers.html ;

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

flyboy78
Dabbler

Thanks for that. I'm on the upgrade page now.... too bad it brings up an error page every time I click the upgrade button. Sad
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Strange, it worked fine for me a couple of days ago. All account changes happen on your normal billing date so if it's urgent give the CSC a call and they should be able to help. If not urgent then I'm sure one of the DC team will be around tomorrow
to sort it out.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

flyboy78
Dabbler

All sorted. Must have been the browser acting up!
flyboy78
Dabbler

The product change hasn't appeared in my Account Summary as of yet. Is that normal?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Yes - look in Closed Tickets
it won't appear in the Account Summary until it happens
flyboy78
Dabbler

So it appears I'm still on the old school Unlimited package of 21.34 p/m. The last billing date of the 24th has passed (granted the payment status is still pending) but there is absolutely no mention of my product change to the new lower priced non-contract Unlimited package in my Account Details. Can someone help? 😞
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Good Morning!
All package changes happen on the next invoice date. So it may be that you've just missed the one for January, so it'll happen on the invoice date in February. The package change process would have confirmed on the last page which date the change will happen.
Hope this helps,
Regards,
Matt
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Matt,
If you look at his post date it was 1st Jan so how could he have missed the 24th!  Clearly the order change did not register.
When I changed packages the new package showed up on my account summary at pending status a day later so something has gone wrong here.
Mattz0r
Rising Star

Hey,
Totally missed that!, Thanks Peter.
Yes, Best thing to do would be to give a call to our Customer Options Team between 9am and 5:30pm Monday to Friday. They'll be able to fix this Smiley
Regards,
Matt
flyboy78
Dabbler

Well as it's Sunday, I've resubitted the product change for now. Shall see if that triggers anything, but then I might call tomorrow anyway.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi flyboy78,
You're now on your new product Smiley
flyboy78
Dabbler

Many thanks Chris! One question though...are you able to tell me if this change now being active is as a result of the initial (seemingly unsuccessful) upgrade I placed at the beginning of the month, or the second attempt I placed last night? I only ask as I got off the phone with the kind lady this morning and she informed me that the change would take place at the end of the billing period next month.
I just worried about another change being triggered next month, that's all.
James
Grafter

It looks like your original account change didn't occur for reasons I'm not sure of for which we're sorry about.
Chris forced this through for you earlier today.
I've put a couple months free service on your account to cover the fact that you paid an additional month at the higher cost.