cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An error has occurred

gingerceej
Hooked

An error has occurred

Another chapter in my utterly appalling Plusnet account/billing experience, I now see the message “You can't change your products for the moment, you already have a product change in progress.” in my member centre. Can someone tell me why this is, I haven’t changed anything.

Not entirely surprised, Plusnet don’t seem to be able to make an account work for me - you broke my account when I moved house, charged me £49.99 to bodge a new account through that took 2 months to refund (by cheque???), had a member centre I couldn’t log into for months, didn’t bill me for months, then billed me totally the wrong amount, no idea what has happened with  my line rental saver. Can’t wait to leave at the earliest opportunity!!! (Not sure if the experience I’ve had is grounds to leave penalty free, the hours I’ve spend on the phone makes me feel like it should be)

15 REPLIES 15
gingerceej
Hooked

Re: An error has occurred

Nothing?

Perhaps someone could tell me what it would cost for me to leave plusnet now?
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

@gingerceej  That error message is a common one which requires a staff member to fix.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
gingerceej
Hooked

Thanks for that. Any advice on how to get a staff member to look at it?
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @gingerceej

We've updated some details our side that should prevent this message popping up for you again. Please note this may take 24 hours to take affect

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
mort7890
Pro
Fixes: 4

Hi @abails0105 this problem has suddenly appeared on my account also.

When did the ability to raise a ticket cease please, cannot seem to find details of when this was implemented.

Did find a link to raise a ticket and the response was

We’re sorry, but you can no longer raise a query via this method and as such this message will not be responded too.
Should you need assistance please call us on 0800 432 0200.
Kind regards,
Jade Kelly-Holmes

It also states an e-mail was sent but never received it.

Also just updated yet again my preferences, seems to be a problem on the portal and received 4 emails to inform me.

Is there a major error occurring with PN and the Portal

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting in touch @mort7890

Unfortunately your account has a different issue with regards to the message you're receiving. We're working to fix this as soon as we can.

Apologies for any inconvenience this is causing.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
mort7890
Pro

Hi @abails0105 Okay so my account has a different issue and thanks for that bit of information. The other part is when did the raising of tickets cease please. 

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to us

This change was recently made to remove the help assistant from the member centre, retaining the ability to view tickets (and reply to open tickets) but not raise new tickets (apart from faults.plus.net and the complaints page)

Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused

Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
gingerceej
Hooked

Thanks @abails0105, my account seems to be working now.

Any help on what be early termination fee would be? Really not happy with my plusnet service.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Apologies for the issues you've had.

I've dropped you an email with the cancellation fee if you were to cancel today.

Let us know if there are further issues or anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mort7890
Pro

Hi @abails0105 & @Gandalf 

Seems to be taking a long time to fix the error on my account it was reported a week ago and is still showing.

mort7890
Pro

Hi @abails0105 and @Gandalf 

Need to restart call protect as oit was full and I had to switch it off, however I cannot as my account is still showing "an error occurred" and I cannot do anything. This has been showing for 2 weeks and I have reported it twice before on here but nothing has still been done. Why is it taking so long to rectify problems please.

mort7890
Pro

Hi @abails0105 @Gandalf

When I removed, on the 5-3-2021, both the voice mail and plusnet call protect I received an email confirming that and a second email to inform me it was complete. I am now really confused, I had received zero communication to inform me that the "An error has occured" had been resolved. When I logged into my account the error had gone. I therefore reset voice mail and plusnet call protect, then a warning appeared that "An error has occured" nothing can be amended whilst in progress. However I received a further email today 23-3-2021 informing me that the voice mail feature has been removed. How can resetting both voice mail and plusnet call protect mean voice mail removal again and why have they not been reinstated as requested and when will the error go away.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@mort7890 Sorry for the issues with changing your call features. I've manually placed an order to activate Voicemail and Call Protect which should go through within an hour. We'll fix up your account to remove the error as soon as we can, this should be within the next 2-3 working days.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet