Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An error has occurred.

FIXED
car7c
Dabbler

Re: An error has occurred.

I also have had the error "You can't change your products at the moment, our system might be updating. Please try again later." This has been occurring for months.

Meanwhile, I have not received a bill since 29 December last year, and no direct debit has been taken since 3 December last year. I have been paying by Direct Debit for 10 years or more, and nothing has changed about our account details. I also control and pay for 2 other Plusnet accounts, and bills and direct debits from these are fully up to date.

(On investigation, it appears I have NEVER been charged the fixed price I was offered back in November 2018, but let's assume for the moment that is a separate issue.)

This is getting beyond urgent, as I have been told that my "fixed price" contract was up on 12 May 2020, and I need to investigate my Plusnet options. Of course, there ARE options outside Plusnet, and I guess if I choose one of them all 3 accounts will likely follow.

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @car7c I've taken a look into your account and can see that the billing issue on your account cannot be fixed at present. When the issue is resolved, we wouldn't ask you to pay for so many months. We only bill you for the last 90 days and the next 30 days of service.

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
car7c
Dabbler

Thanks tinytaco. I guess that will likely take care of the over-charge in the earlier period, detailed in another thread on the forum.

car7c
Dabbler

I've just had a long and extremely helpful phone call from Karl (or Carl) of Customer Services, who has done a very detailed investigation into another problem I've had. As part of that he is going to try to get this billing sorted too. At the moment I'm a very happy customer! Thanks, Chris

NathanLR

Hi, I am having the same issue, I wish to review/change my current plan but I am unable to because of this error.

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi there @NathanLR Smiley I've made some changes to your account, try to make changes on your account after 24 hours and let us know how you get on.

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
Ricochet220

I've also been seeing this error for months, I believed it was because I had an existing contract but that just expired and I still see it.

Any help?

Buttercup
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi there @Ricochet220 - I've gone ahead and fixed the issue on your account that was making this error appear, you shouldn't see it any longer going forward. I do apologise about the inconvenience.

Jess Moore
 Plusnet Help Team
MC22
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi, I renewed my contract following my account review. I’ve received an email confirming the new contract details but when I login to my account I also have the ‘an error has occurred you already have a product change in progress’ message.

Can you please check that the contract renewal has gone through?  Many thanks, M 😀

Buttercup
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi there @MC22, thanks for contacting us, please follow the link to review your information https://www.plus.net/member-centre/home.

Jess Moore
 Plusnet Help Team
MC22
Rising Star

I’m sorry but I don’t know what you mean when you say ‘please follow the link to review your information‘.???

When I login to my account it still says  : -

An error has occurred

You can't change your products for the moment, you already have a product change in progress.

However, I have received an email confirming the details of my new contract. Regards, M.

MC22
Rising Star

Hi again, the order is now complete and my account had been fully updated, the ‘error has occurred’ message has been removed. Many thanks, regards M.

MC22
Rising Star

Hi again, I’m sorry to have to post again!

I have had another good look at my online account. The start and end dates now certainly indicate that my contract has been renewed : - Fibre Extra Fixed Price 14/7/2020 - 13/1/2022

However, the banner stating ‘Your exclusive offer is available now. Take a new contract from just £26.99 a month’ is still appearing in my account.

Can you please confirm that my contract has definitely been renewed, and for £26.99 per month as I really don’t want any nasty surprises when my next Bill is generated,

Regard, M.

MC22
Rising Star

Hi again, the offer banner has now been removed from my account so it would appear that the re-contract has now been completed so thank you, I’m happy to be staying with Plusnet for another 18 months 😊 

Regards, M

Andy95

Hi I have this error on my account as well. It may be to do with new contract status not complete as first payment not showing as being paid - however I have being paying payments since contract started. Can this be fixed. Pestered to update marketing options but when I do this I get confirmation preference updated but the above error stops update on account landing page. Many thanks any help.

Also where can I find Access Line ID and Broadband Service ID (BBEU)

Tags (1)