cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An error has occurred You can't change your products for the moment, you already have a product chan

Estat
Hooked
Fixes: 1

An error has occurred You can't change your products for the moment, you already have a product chan

I have been with Plusnet BB since 2010. Generally it has worked well, however the account problems are horrific.  During my last contract  month on month taking the wrong amount.  I was forever on the phone to customer servs, all reassuring it would be sorted.

Latest contract 1st March 2021 (24 months) raised questions because they were saying "unable to action etc" and put question on hold. None of the agents despite being reassuring fixed the account.  One question #211086030 was raised on 4th Feb 2021 "adding discount for 24 months" rolled on until 1st June 2021 and then was put on hold until 8th March 2022.  The question was opened and closed.  My Feb 2022 bill (19/2/2022 - 18/3/2022) was an overcharge, which was refunded to my March bill after contact with CS.

Since Feb 2021 I have has the following on my account -

"An error has occurred

You can't change your products for the moment, you already have a product change in progress."

On 03/01/2022 12:13 I received an email quote "you're not currently in a minimum term contract for your  broadband (Unlimited Fibre) and line rental and then offering me the same for £22.49.  

I definitely do have an account, however I would like to know if I do have a contract or are Customer Services making it up as they go along hoping that it will sort itself out.  I believe that this situation requires intervention by one of the STAFF that polices this forum.

From reading many similar posts on this forum, is it time to call on the ONE THAT THEY CALL GANDOLF.

With all the admitted glitches in the system is it time to completely erase my account completely and start again.

4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: An error has occurred You can't change your products for the moment, you already have a produ...

Did someone say Gandalf? 

Let me see if I can fix this for you. I've removed the phone component off your account (without affecting your service) with a view to add it back on to try to fix this, but it looks like the error runs deeper within our systems than I thought.

I've raised a task to our systems support team (DataBase Analyst) to take a closer look and I'll let you know next week when I should know more. I'll also re-add the phone side of things on Monday as I can't do it straight away without causing a bigger problem even Gandalf can't fix. I'm really sorry though for the trouble you've gone through. Sad

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Re: An error has occurred You can't change your products for the moment, you already have a produ...

Hi @Estat

This should be sorted for you now. Your next bill may look a bit odd with pro-rata discounts/charges but it shouldn't be anymore than what we've agreed and the following bill should be just right. 

Can you let me know how it goes? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Estat
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Hi Gandalf,   Wow, looking good so far, will let you know after my bills level.  Many thanks.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cool. No worries at all and sounds like a plan! 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet