Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An answer to my ticket

mike0381
Grafter

An answer to my ticket

Reference number:  84886925

2 days have gone without a reply so I thought I'd try and raise some awareness here.
I have only just started an 18 month contract with Fibre Unlimited having transferred from ADSL.  Having never been on superfast broadband before I didn't have much idea about speed, and problem is I have realised up to 76mb is far too much for my requirements.  And I am also not in one of your 'cheaper' areas so am paying £26.99 plus line rental on top making it over £41 a month!
Long story short, I would downgrade to your 38mb package but the 40gb capped limit is much too low for me.  It's a shame you don't offer an up to 38mb unlimited package because I would have gone for that in the first place.
Other providers do offer such a package and I have seen one for £10 lower a month than I'm currently paying!  To make things worse I've just had my hours cut at work and can barely afford the amount I'm paying you.
Of course none of this is your fault (just to make that clear).  If I migrate to another provider are you saying I'd need to pay the full 18 months worth of subscription fee?  If so it wouldn't be worth it, as that would cost a fortune.  If I downgrade my package to your 38mb fibre service I'm then hit with a 40gb per month limit.
Is there anything anyone at Plusnet can do for me or am I just 'stuffed', to put it bluntly?

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: An answer to my ticket

Hi mike0381,
Sorry for the delay in our Support Team responding to your ticket!
I'm afraid that we wouldn't be able to offer the Essentials Package with Unlimited usage.
Yes, if you wished to cancel now then you would have to pay the remainder of your 18 month contract and it would work out as £6 per month for your Line Rental and £5.75 per month for your Fibre Unlimited.
I would recommend calling us and speaking to our Customer Options team to see if they are able to offer anything, however, I cannot guarantee that they will definitely be able to offer anything at all but it's worth a try!
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Don't forget that on Essentials in addition to the 40GB allowance you also get unlimited overnight usage. Might that mean you could manage with the lower allowance?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
mike0381
Grafter

Thanks for your replies.
Well after being passed from person to person on the phone and told there was nothing they could do, I got through to Customer Options and they were able to bring the broadband price down to the cheaper level of £19.99 instead of the staggering £26.99.  That was after I agreed to extend my contract to 2 years instead of an 18 month one.  Fair enough!
As yet I have had no confirmation of this change or reflection of that on my account, but was told it would show on my next billing date which is tomorrow.  Fingers crossed.   Grin
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's gone through for you, mike0381.
You will see the discounted price on your next bill (June). The change takes effect from today so you will be billed accordingly next month if that makes sense?