cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Voucher email not received

sarariah94

Amazon Voucher email not received

Hi there, I signed up to Plusnet on 23/4/18 and part of the deal I signed up to included a £50 Amazon gift voucher.

My line has been live since 8/5/18 and I haven't received an email about redeeming my voucher. I've checked my junk/spam and I can't see anything that contains a link to redeem my voucher. I don't want to miss out on it as it was one of the factoring reasons I moved across. 

How do I receive this? Currently at work so can't spend a big chunk of time on the phone investigating. Any help is much appreciated, thank you!

19 REPLIES 19
KIngsgroove
Dabbler

Re: Amazon Voucher email not received

Hi,

I have a similar problem with a £75 Mastercard 'Cashback' that was part of an opening offer and why I switched! You don't say if your application was direct with Plusnet or as in my case a refferal with a dedicated link to Plusnet from MSE! I have had all sorts of wriggling, excuses and allegations of signing up with a 'third party' all of which have no basis! My offer was in 'partnership' with MSE but definately not offered by them! Plusnet advertised the cashback on the application page that I signed up from! I have kept copies and screenshots of both the original offer and application! If they fail to honour the offer or try and welch on it, it is a blatant contempt of Trading Standards. Don't give up! You shouldn't have to beg, complain or whinge about something that is rrightfully yours! However as with most organisations driven by robot processess and standard 'blurb' replies we have little choice! Hopefully you have a copy of the original offer? Good luck

sarariah94

Hi! I saw the offer on moneysupermarket.com after comparing the available deals. They had a link that said "Go to site" which i did and from there I signed up. 

I've now got a support ticket open with their support team, who have told me that my signup didn't include any Amazon offer. I've responded but I'm waiting for a response. This is the first time I've signed up to an internet service myself and I (regrettably) didn't think to take screenshots of the offer! I assumed they'd be competent enough to follow through on their promise.

Whilst I was shopping around they even retargeted me on Facebook with the exact same offer. I'm annoyed because now I feel like they've gotten away without fulfilling their promise and I'm signed up as a customer, which was what they wanted. 

I can see they're still offering a £75 Cashback offer, i hope you get what you're promised too!

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear about the issues you've both had.

I can see this is under investigation with the correct teams for you both.

We'll update you when we know more

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
KIngsgroove
Dabbler

The offer from MSE (In partnership) with Plusnet is still running under this link PLusnet DEal In partnership with MSE Unlimited BB and £75 Cashback

This is exactly what I signed up with and have documentation to prove! I see it is being 'Investigated' What is to investigate? This is an attempt to frustrate and delay providing the offer! There is more than enough detail here for Trading Standards to act! PLusnets internal errors or disputes with 'partners' should not affect their customers! Don't give up this is not an isolated issue. MSE have a dedicated email to help you get what is rightfully yours

voucherhelp@moneysavingexpert.com

I have also a chat transcript from a Plusnet advisor telling me on the 20th May if I don't receive the email they will raise one manually! To date I have received nothing but vague excuses! We'll see what happens  - Good luck!

KIngsgroove
Dabbler

2018-05-31.png

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

@KIngsgroove I can see this is with our complaints team and they'll update you as soon as possible

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
KIngsgroove
Dabbler

It is a great pity (but not altogether surprising) that new customers have to raise 'complaints' in the 1st month of activation to get what is clearly advertised under a secure (HTTPS) Plusnet Web page! I had originally praised the smooth activation process and prior information but this now sours the opening experience! You really need to get on top of this and up your game considerably!

Abzlady70

I'm in the same boat.  I signed up for Plusnet in April, and despite two web chat conversations and several phone calls, I still have received nothing.  Would someone please at least do me the courtesy of letting me know what is happening???

KIngsgroove
Dabbler

@Abzlady70 wrote:

I'm in the same boat.  I signed up for Plusnet in April, and despite two web chat conversations and several phone calls, I still have received nothing.  Would someone please at least do me the courtesy of letting me know what is happening???

You'll get nowhere with 'Web Chats' or even phone calls. Like many other companies Plusnet have removed the ability for their front line staff to use any initiative or stray from 'pre formatted' email responses or standard 'blurb' replies. You have to raise a 'complaint' and wait for the dedicated response team to look into it! If you have any any screenshots or email responses verifying the offer add that to the 'complaint'! I eventually got my credit that I was entitled to but only after being 'accused' of signing up via a 3rd party web site! Everything is a struggle now especially with Comms & utility companies!

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi @Abzlady70

Apologies that you are experiencing issues with the cash back email.

I have looked into your account and left you a ticket for you to look over - https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=180598134

travelerjohn
Dabbler

I have the same problem. I tried emailing support but  they don't reply. I can never remember where to go to raise a Ticket or go on chat. 

travelerjohn
Dabbler

I have now been told by [CSA Removed] on the telephone help line (Chat not working) that the gift card will be sent DIRECT in about two weeks. I applied on 3rd Nov and got set up on 16th Nov. I was told  6 weeks ( from application I suppose before receiving it. Can you confirm that?

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @travellerjohn

Thanks for getting in touch and I am sorry to hear that you are still waiting for your redemption email.
You will receive an email regarding your voucher within 10 working days of your broadband service going live, which was on 19/11. Ensure that you keep an eye on your spam/junk folder as well, and if you have further questions feel free to get in touch.

travelerjohn
Dabbler

Can you please add me to your list. I have also been promised an £75 Amazon Gift card. My service went live on 19th November. I have been told that my case has been raised by [CSA Removed] and I should have received the required email. I AM receiving email replies to my questions so why haven't I received this application email? I have also been told by another customer service adviser that the email is NOT required and I will be receiving my card very soon. Why ,in fact is an email even necessary as the offer HAS been confirmed by two advisers now? Having at last found out how to raise a "ticket" refered to here which I think is the same as contacting the "Help assistant" (please correct me if this is yet another route to customer services) the last reply I got to the same question was " Has this been resolved ,If so this question will be deleted in 11 days!. My further reply was ,of course NO!.A  further complaint is that I have not been able to access the On Line Chat for a long time. It certainly does not work using the chat button via " contact us" or " "Help and Support". I now realise the only times I have been able to use it is when the red tab on the bottom right hand side of the screen "pops up". It has not done that for a very long time now. The last time I tried I got a " Bot " reply that did not understand my question! If I don't get some satisfaction soon I will be reporting this to WHICH magazine who have given you top marks for customer service. So far I don't think this is deserved.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.