cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am i eligible for faster speed fiber internet?

Stylin
Grafter

Am i eligible for faster speed fiber internet?

just come across plusnets internet package page, i very rare visit this website, good job i did though..

Bb9f4vi

Unlimited fiber extra costs 33.50

i have been paying 33.98 a month  and i am getting the unlimited fiber package..I have been with Plusnet since 2013..i guess they forgot to notify me that for the same price that i am paying  i could get almost double the internet speed..

will i be able to phone them up and tell them i should be having the unlimited fiber extra package instead? even the unlimited fiber package is just 28.50 on plusnet website and i am paying 33.98?!

anyone have the contact number i can ring to call?

cheers

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Am i eligible for faster speed fiber internet?

Hi there.

I'd recommend getting in touch with our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 [Selecting Option 1, then Option 2] if you'd like a new deal. At the time of writing this, there is no wait time to get through to them and they are here until 8pm.

Whilst we can't guarantee we can provide you with the new customer deal, our retention deals for existing customers are pretty competitive.

Looking at your speed estimates, your line can achieve a fibre speed of between 75mbps to 80mbps so if you upgrade to Unlimited Fibre Extra, that'd be a big jump in speed!

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Stylin
Grafter

just phoned them and they said im getting in between unlimited fiber and unlimited fibre extra, im getting up to 50mb ( surprise for me)

said i could get a discounted price to 28 pounds but have to have new contract for 25 months..( i try avoid getting stuck in contracts)

I said i will call back later, wanted to ask staff here in forum before i get stuck in extended contract..

Do i have to accept new 25 months contract to get lower price?

can i get rid of my talk evenings and weekend phone with 55£ credit perk? i dont even have a house phone in the house( i use mobile) so this perk isnt getting used.

is there any other details that i should mention to them but i havent?

cheers for feedback.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

just phoned them and they said im getting in between unlimited fiber and unlimited fibre extra, im getting up to 50mb ( surprise for me)

It looks like you're one of the lucky ones that got upgraded to 55/10 [55mbps download speed, 10mbps upload speed] as it appears you were on a legacy 40/20 fibre package which we've withdrawn.

I believe that the adviser offered you a new deal on the same package you're on. You can still upgrade to Unlimited Fibre Extra [80/20] if you're looking for faster speeds.

Do i have to accept new 25 months contract to get lower price?

We'd be able to offer you an 18 month contract, but we'd generally offer better deals [I think] on longer contracts.

can i get rid of my talk evenings and weekend phone with 55£ credit perk? i dont even have a house phone in the house( i use mobile) so this perk isnt getting used.

Your evenings and weekends call plans is free of charge, so it won't make a difference if you remove it.

The £55 credit limit is offered to every customer, free of charge too.

is there any other details that i should mention to them but i havent?

I don't think so.

If you'd like we could arrange a call back from our sales team, to save you calling them again?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet