cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I mad not to upgrade?

creamola
Grafter

Am I mad not to upgrade?

Receiving a Level 2 Traffic Management warning has got me onto the portal to check what my options are.
I currently pay £21.99 less £5.00 worth of referrals each month for one of the old Premier Option 1 accounts.
I would like to keep my fixed IP address, my old 250MB of web space etc and my referrals. It would appear that I could keep all this and upgrade to a 60GB allowance and Pro (prioritised) for a total of £11.49 + £5 per month. This would seem to indicate that I would effectively enjoy exactly what I have now but with an increased allowance AND prioritised traffic for £5.50 LESS per month. That can't be right can it?
Thanks,
Creamola

8 REPLIES 8
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Am I mad not to upgrade?

The thing you've overlooked is the peak time differences, Premier peak is 4PM-midnight, extra is 8am - midnight.
If you can live within that, then yes you're mad not to do it Smiley
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi creamola,
Worth bearing in mind that if you try extra and aren't too keen then we can swap you back to the old account type, provided you let us know within the first month after switching Smiley
creamola
Grafter

Thanks Matt and Dvorak!
I thought that I would give it a go - as I can't see a downside given that I would still be downloading less than 60GB and by adding the "Pro" option, could get a better spec'd product.
Only problem is, that trying to upgrade online, it doesn't offer me the Pro add-on, so I have stopped just short of the "Change my Products" button. Guess I am better off calling and talking to a human anyway 🙂
Creamola
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

You need to add the pro on after the product changed has happened as it's an add on, don't think it can be ordered at the same time.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

I'd suggest trying it without the pro add-on for a short while then only commit to the extra spend if you actually feel the need.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The Pro add on takes effect minutes after you buying it so doing as walker23 suggests makes sense.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
creamola
Grafter

Excellent advice everyone - I have now made the change (and I'll wait to add Pro on - if necessary - as you suggest).
Thanks everyone - job done!
Creamola
PS. You need to get the stats sorted on the Customer stats page ...... I was on hold for about 12 mins and saw a page refresh at 00:15 and 00:20, when all the while, it stubbornly stated that "the longest call waiting now" was "2 minutes and 54 seconds". Yeah, right .....
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi creamola,
Maybe it just hadn't updated. The residential call stats update every 30 minutes.
Jojo Smiley