cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I being charged line rental separately despite it being included in the package?

tstaddon
Rising Star

Am I being charged line rental separately despite it being included in the package?

Hi

I don't know when it changed but this is the package I have been on since can't-remember-when:

Your current package: Unlimited Fibre Extra (includes Line Rental) 56 - 72Mb download speed (estimated) Out of contract price £31.99 per month

What's actually being billed...

Line Rental £18.99 Evenings & Weekends Included £0.00 Unlimited Fibre Extra £20.99

If I go through the wizard to check, it confirms that if I apply for UFE which includes line rental the cost would be £31.99/month and it also confirms that the price won't change. In fact if attempt to select this, it tells me I'm not making any changes to my existing package.

So why am I being charged £38.99 for UFE + line rental by not changing the package, when the package cost is £31.99 for UFE + line rental? That's definitely against what it promises:

All our broadband offers come at a , along with end of contract reminders and an account review to ensure you're on the best deal.

2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Am I being charged line rental separately despite it being included in the package?

I agree that it's not  in accordance with this wording Your current package: Unlimited Fibre Extra (includes Line Rental) 56 - 72Mb download speed (estimated) Out of contract price £31.99 per month but I suspect that what it's supposed to mean is that it's £31.99 for the fixed contract term, which has now expired and you're now paying the out of contract price. This is the standard terms unless you re-contract.

I have never come across a fixed introductory price for life deal so good luck if Plusnet will honour such a deal!

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Am I being charged line rental separately despite it being included in the package?

Hey @tstaddon,

Thank you for getting in touch here.

I have checked over your account and created a ticket with further information on this issue for you. You can view the ticket here.

Do let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Thank you.