cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agreed discount on broadband not applied and no fix in sight

Ariwara

Agreed discount on broadband not applied and no fix in sight

I see this is a common problem and it looks as if the only way to get it fixed is to post here.

Back on 22 January I took out a 12 month phone and broadband contract at a price discounted to £18.99 per month from the regular £29.98- I have the email from plusnet to prove it. But every month plusnet debits £29.98. I've sought help from the chat twice. It seems nothing can be done. On 19 February I was told "we are currently in the process of fixing an issue with the billing system which is preventing us from adding discounts to certain accounts currently" but no fix or timescale was promised. On 27 March I went back, explained this again with a copy of he previous transcript, and got this reply:

"me: could you email please to tell me this is fixed and a refund being made.
adviser: I'm afraid the issue with the discounts has still not yet been rectified as far as I am aware, I have had no correspondence advising this.

me: How much time should I have to waste on this?
adviser: I'm afraid as mentioned to you in that chat, we have no timescale to when this will be rectified. I am sorry about that."

So it seems that Plusnet is simply going to keep on debiting £29.98, although it's agreed on a charge of £18.99. And the online help service doesn't even pretend it can fix that.

Other posts in this forum with the same problem have resulted in a fix, though I don't know the details. This is all really time-wasting.

Any tips or solutions please?

Cheers

18 REPLIES 18
JohnofYork
Grafter

Re: Agreed discount on broadband not applied and no fix in sight

Hi Ariwara

I had exactly the same problems last November.  

And was given the same lame excuse.

Did get sorted and refunded about 6 weeks later, but an unnecessary pain.

Almost is bad is being told if you upgrade to a more expensive package, you can get exactly the same speeds as you get currently, Guaranteed.

I'm sure PN will see you right eventually.

John

Anon
Pro

I wish that I were sure they would sort you out.

They have a billing issue that has been running for 6 months now and still not sorted out.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @Ariwara 

Welcome to the Forums, thanks for getting in touch with us. 

I've been able to amend the invoices to the correct subscription pricing as quoted to you at the point of sale - I have also added a credit to cover the over payments whilst we have been working on this issue. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

Ariwara

Now can you tell me this please- as it seems this was at last strikingly easy to fix (though obviously I won't believe it till I see a correct bill and refunds).

Why is it necessary to come to this forum and make a public complaint before this is fixed? Is there any point at all in your help pages? Two advisers there, in separate discussions, told me there was no fix and no time scale for a fix. Were they misleading me, or was plusnet misleading them? How many other customers are getting misled like this?

Why, to put it another way, should I or other customers waste our time with the online chat service if its only function is to mislead? 

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've been able to amend the invoices to the correct subscription pricing as quoted to you at the point of sale

@Ariwara - looking back at your account, the changes I have made (whilst initially providing me with a "complete" message) have not appeared on your accounts Billing Tab. 

This leads me to believe that the issue you were made aware of it progressing internally, but is still not fully cleared. 

Now can you tell me this please- as it seems this was at last strikingly easy to fix 

It was easy to go in and add the discounts (this is done by the clicks and a few key strokes) - the difficult part is knowing whether the change took hold or not. As stated above, initially the change was met with a message stating this had worked (and the ticket on your account states this has happened) billing is not reflecting the change. 

I'e updated the open incident stating this has happened so that your account is part of the ones being looked at. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

mikejohnsmith
Grafter
Fixes: 1

I have the very same problem, on 14 December I took out a new fixed price contract, on 13 February I realised that the billing had been incorrect and raised the query, which was logged as  Question 187444910. Since that date I have not had any response.

I really don't see why it takes so long to sort out the account billing information and the refund

Mike

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @mikejohnsmith 

I can confirm your account has also been added to the list of affected accounts and is being worked on accordingly. 

As soon as a fix is put in place we will be making account holders aware. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

mikejohnsmith
Grafter

Thank you for the confirmation. It does seem to be taking a long time to process the correction

I do find a problem under the 'My Account' to get a summary of my Broadband and Phone packages with a list of products and charges. I

I have to go to a 'Change your Product' process and click through to see my current products and click through with 'keep my product'

Is there a one stop list of my current products and itemised monthly charges for each product, in the same way as there is a list under the title  'Monthly Charges' on the monthly invoice

Thanks

Mike

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Thanks for getting back to us @mikejohnsmith.

There should be a full itemisation of your package and package costs on page 1 of your bill, to the left hand side.

Please let me know if you're not able to view this page.

mikejohnsmith
Grafter

Thanks

It seemed sensible that under 'My Account' there should be a breakdown of my contract itemising each of the products and prices (in the same way as on the invoice). 

I can eventually find the information via the 'account' pages, but not in one place, and not without going through a number of steps. Not what I would call user friendly.

Yes it is on the invoice, but as the price on the invoice is incorrect, I wanted to check and see if it was just a problem with the invoice, or if it was also showing incorrectly on the 'my account' pages on the web site

Regards

Mike 

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @mikejohnsmith

Thanks for getting back to us and I am sorry that you had issues finding the relevant information through your account.

Were you able to see any differences in the information on your account compared to the invoice other than the pricing on the invoice?

mikejohnsmith
Grafter

First I log in and go to My Account - Broadband Phone and TV

1/ When I go to Manage Your Account -View/edit account details  - Account Details - Account and Payment Details - I just see

2/ If I go to Manage Your Account- Account Summary - under the heading 'View all the Products & Services you've bought from PlusNet' I see

14/12/2018 BP03156787 Unlimited Fibre Extra £20.99(monthly) Complete

12/01/2019 - 18 months contract £0.00(upon cancellation) Written Off -
12/03/2019 - 18 months contract £208.98(upon cancellation) Complete

Cessation charge £30.00(upon cancellation) Activated

07/09/2016 HW40622903 Plusnet Hub One £0.00 Delivery

11/03/2019 N/A Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls £18.99(monthly) Active

This looks something of a mess and it is not even chronological, I haven't a clue what the final result of all these entries is.

3/ Now I select Broadband - I don't find anywhere I can find a simple summary of my service plan and price

4/ Now I select Phone

Under Account Summary I just see 'Product: Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls' no current price

Under Call Features I can see those I can add in one tab, and those I can remove in another

So in summary

Maybe it is just the price that is different between the Account information and the summary on the invoice, but  the presentation at the Account level is a bit of a mess

Best regards

Mike

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

The "Cessation charge" entry @ £30  looks a bit suspicious.  I believe that this charge was discontinued some time back?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @MauriceC

I can confirm that the cessation charge is no longer applicable as this was removed last year.