Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agreed contract discount not applied

FIXED
northone
Hooked

Agreed contract discount not applied

Is anyone else having problems with what appears to be Plusnet's shambolic billing system? After signing up for another annual Line Rental Saver, I also negotiated a lower monthly charge for Plusnet Unlimited Broadband of £3.50 on 11/11/2018 for  agreeing to sign up to a new 18 month contract. The contract has started, but the discount has never been applied -  the last 2 monthly bills (December 2018 and January 2019 still being charged £10.99. I have had 2 tickets raised (185293716 on 5/12 and 185475287 on 11/12, the latter was escalated as a complaint) but still not rectified. The last agent I spoke to admitted Plusnet billing was in a mess for 'some customers' and didn't know when the situation would be rectified. The result is I am stuck in an 18-month contract and being overcharged each month by £7.49 with no end in sight. The agents I have spoken to say they are unable to view my account (to apply the discount) for an unknown technical reason, with no resolution in sight. Although they managed to somehow add the missing Line  Rental Saver charge that had been missing (but that's another saga!)

I cannot believe than nothing can be done to rectify this. Is there a PN Moderator that can look into this mess? Each time I call I have to spend around an hour waiting for the call to be answered/problem explained from the beginning again. I have been a Plusnet customer for about 14 years but will be leaving now at the earliest opportunity unless this can be resolved pretty soon.

9 REPLIES 9
kul

Re: Agreed contract discount not applied

Plusnet move at a glacial pace, im sure by the time your contract ends they will have addressed the issue. Do not give up hope Regards

Rapthorne
Rising Star

I had this issue this month, I assume due to switching from broadband to fibre in December.
A quick call to their customer service line and its all sorted.
I find that as long as you're nice and friendly with them, the customer service from plusnet is second to none.
I can't attest to angry rant helpfulness though, I'm not an angry ranter
CPU: Ryzen 7 1800X @ 4GHz
GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1060 6GB
Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz
Case: Red/Black NZXT S340 Elite
Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Fix

Hi @northone,

I am sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced. I've reviewed your account and updated you further on the action taken to resolve this matter here

Please get back in touch if you have any questions

pletelier

I'm having the same problem here! Discount has not been applied since September and several calls to Customer Service had led me nowhere (they say it's a technical issue of the billing system). Do you mind me asking how did you manage to get this sorted?

Many thanks!

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @pletelier,

Sincere apologies for the ongoing issue, I appreciate your patience as it hasn't been resolved for you and is causing frustration.

I have responded to this here.

Thanks - LF

northone
Hooked

The way I got a resolution to this problem was by putting a post on here in the hope that someone from PlusNet would pick it up. They did and sorted it immediately. I got a refund for the previous months overcharge and I checked this month to make sure the discount was still being applied and happy to say all's well. Not sure why they could sort it straight away here and whenever I rang the support line, as well as waiting for an eternity for someone to answer, they were never able to help, saying for a technical reason that they could not see my account details.

Rapthorne
Rising Star

It's not been resolved for me as such, as the billing system itself is the issue. I've simply been leaving my bills bank account intentionally short and calling up the billing team every month when the payment fails, letting them manually correct the issue.
I do feel quite bad for the poor guys Manning the phones. I was chatting to a guy a few weeks ago and he said pretty much every call they get is related to the billing system being borked.
CPU: Ryzen 7 1800X @ 4GHz
GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1060 6GB
Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz
Case: Red/Black NZXT S340 Elite
pletelier

Thanks for the quick reply, @northone! Seems to be the same case here.

@Rapthorne yeah, I feel bad for those guys too. But it seems unbelievable that it has take this long to solve the billing system issue!

@LordFoul thanks for your response. From your messages I am not sure whether I should wait or call the Customer Options Team to open a new account (if I do this, would I still get a refund for the extra money I have been charged?). Thanks again for your help!

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @pletelier,

Thanks for getting back in touch, I appreciate your query.

I would suggest speaking to our Customer Options Team as they are best placed to advise what is possible. I don't have any current timescales to offer for a resolution to the ongoing issue.

You can contact our Customer Options Team directly on 0800 013 2632 between the following hours:

Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 20:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 19:00
Sunday: 09:00 - 18:00

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks - LF