cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice needed please

patandianlewis
Dabbler

Advice needed please

Due to my marriage breakdown I will be unable to continue with PlusNet package I have had for some time now. I have been trying to find out information re cancellation & also how far I am in my contract but have failed  Embarrassed
Please could anyone help in providing me with a link that would take me to the right page.  I have, under the member centre, found the bit where it states my package etc but I cannot locate how long I have to run on my current deal.
Thank you for your help  Smiley
10 REPLIES 10
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Advice needed please

Go to here https://portal.plus.net/my.html?s=0&action=account_summary and look what it says under Upon Cancellation against the broadband product you are on
This gives the penalty for leaving early
You can work out the time from that but it is a bit fiddly
Note that the cessation charge is entirely different and is there if you cancel the broadband or leave without using a migration process
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Sorry to hear of your circumstances.
Jim's pointed you in the right direction, but I've had a look at your account and you aren't contracted at the moment.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
patandianlewis
Dabbler

thank you OLDJIM and MATTYC.  I did think I was still contracted as it doesn't seem that long ago when I got a call to carry on with the service & I thought I was told it would be a new contract.  That obviously explains why I cannot find this info myself.  I guess I have to give notice of termination? I should be moving in the next couple of weeks, hopefully before Christmas
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Yes that's correct.
If you call our cancellation team on 0800 013 2632 or 0330 123 9197 they'll be able to get that sorted for you.
I've put their hours below for you.

• 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday

• 9am - 7pm Saturday

• 9am - 6pm Sunday

If there's anything we can help with further please let us know.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
patandianlewis
Dabbler

thank you for your replies. The customer support team have confirmed I am not in contract but I would need to get the MAC code & if I do not there will be a charge of £30 to my account. I will not be getting an internet connection when I move as I simply will be having to watch my pennies so it seems stupid that I will have to obtain this or incur the fee  Roll_eyes
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Sorry to throw a spanner in the works but to avoid the cessation charge not only do you need to request a MAC you have to use it. That is you have to transfer your broadband service to another supplier.
Since you don't plan to take that step the cessation charge will be payable when your Plusnet service is terminated. Sad
David
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Quote from: patandianlewis
I will not be getting an internet connection when I move as I simply will be having to watch my pennies so it seems stupid that I will have to obtain this or incur the fee  Roll_eyes

You might find that you can get a year's BB service for the cost of the cessation (plus of course the cost of the phone line if you plan on having a landline).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

patandianlewis
Dabbler

Regarding the last post to my original question, I apologise for being pretty ignorant but can I actually get Broadband without a landline phone as that would be ideal. thanks
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

nope as the cost of actually providing the phone line isn't covered in the broadband charge but is in the phone charge
Anonymous
Not applicable

'Oldjim' is correct in terms of Plusnet products, but other ISPs have much lower line rental charges for broadband only connections, and ISPs that provide fixed wireless broadband don't have line rental or phone charges !
Quote from: patandianlewis
can I actually get Broadband without a landline phone

Sometimes it's cheaper to take a combined broadband and phone package together, and then simply not connect a telephone !

Are you asking whether you can have a broadband package -

• without also having a phone contract with the same supplier ?

• without any associated telephone service on the same line ?

• and not have to pay line rental charges ?