cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Address correction

ryan123

Address correction

Can anyone explain why it takes so long to have your address details corrected? (Question #84469655)
9 REPLIES 9
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Address correction

Hi ryan123,
I'm sorry you're waiting for your address to be updated.
I've taken a look for you and it seems that we've sent off your address to our suppliers so that they can update their systems with your new address. This normally takes 3-5 working days and this was received today as it was sent to them during the bank holiday weekend. We therefore need to allow time for them to build your address in their system and also update that your services are active under this address as opposed to the address that they are reflecting under at the moment.
I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused and that this is causing a delay in upgrading to Fibre. We are unable to place the order to upgrade your connection to Fibre until the address has been updated.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Ryan,
If I have correctly read between the lines of your post, you could wait a long time.  Until quite recently I ran a pub which changed its name back in 1997.  BTOR's records had until about 12 months ago the previous name, with the consequence that every BTOR engineer visiting the premises could not find it.  It took PN months of repeated attempts to get BTOR to change their records - they (BTOR) even tried to suggest that I needed to get the Post office to correct their address database entry for the property.  The fact was that every address look up database I looked at had the correct name for the pub.
Getting BTOR to change their address records can be a difficult task, so don't hold your breath.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ryan123

Quote from: Linn
Hi ryan123,
I'm sorry you're waiting for your address to be updated.
I've taken a look for you and it seems that we've sent off your address to our suppliers so that they can update their systems with your new address. This normally takes 3-5 working days and this was received today as it was sent to them during the bank holiday weekend. We therefore need to allow time for them to build your address in their system and also update that your services are active under this address as opposed to the address that they are reflecting under at the moment.
I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused and that this is causing a delay in upgrading to Fibre. We are unable to place the order to upgrade your connection to Fibre until the address has been updated.

Thanks for your reply Linn,
Surely it would have been better to have upgraded the line to fibre first and then update the address; the BT engineer would have to give me a call prior to arriving at the property to receive directions regardless of the address detail attached to my number.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Our FTTC team should be picking this up tomorrow to check for an update regarding this.
I've had a look at FTTC for you though and it's estimated that your download speed would be 2.5Mbps and your upload 0.8Mbps. This may very well result in our suppliers rejecting the order as the line may be too long to provide the services on.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: ryan123
Surely it would have been better to have upgraded the line to fibre first and then update the address; the BT engineer would have to give me a call prior to arriving at the property to receive directions regardless of the address detail attached to my number.

<cynic>Doesn't work like that - they'd not phone you, record that they called and there was no answer and you be billed for not giving access. There is no limit to the OpenRetch stupidity!</cynic>
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
ryan123

Quote from: Linn
Our FTTC team should be picking this up tomorrow to check for an update regarding this.
I've had a look at FTTC for you though and it's estimated that your download speed would be 2.5Mbps and your upload 0.8Mbps. This may very well result in our suppliers rejecting the order as the line may be too long to provide the services on.

Thanks again Linn for your reply.
The address has now been updated on BT's systems and the order for fibre has been placed, hopefully it will be accepted and the speed achieved greater; I currently have adsl which syncs at 4 mbps even though the estimated line speed on BT's checker is 1 mbps.
Time will tell - fingers crossed  Smiley
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

So what happens if fibre turns out to be slower than ADSL
ryan123

Quote from: Oldjim
So what happens if fibre turns out to be slower than ADSL

I think, after reading other peoples experiences that I can revert back to adsl.
ryan123

Fibre connected today and thought I would post the line stats as they might help give others some idea of how longer lines perform; initially synced at around 11.5 mbps down and 1.5 mbps up but has dropped back slightly to sync at around 10mbps down and 1.4 up; download rate is about 9.5 mbps and upload rate about 1.1 mbps; not bad for a line that's just under 3km from the cabinet to the master socket; PlusNet had estimated my line speed to be 2.5 mbps.

Very happy - many thanks PlusNet  Smiley