cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a call package?

jeffersonlynch

Adding a call package?

I completely agree, this is my experience too.  Terrible customer service, really terrible.  I am finding it impossible to contact Plus Net.  I am seriously considering leaving them.  

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) modified title
4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Adding a call package?

Sorry to hear that @jeffersonlynch

Can we help you with anything over here?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jeffersonlynch

Thank you for contacting me, I appreciate it.  We moved to PlusNet fairly recently because I wanted to reduce our bills.  I registered on the community site on Saturday because I got completely hacked off that it seemed impossible to contact Plus Net.  

I hadn't realised we were being billed so much for evening calls to landlines: about £10 a time for an hour call to family, and it's racked up to a lot of money.  The first I realised was that I got an automated message saying we were near our credit limit on Friday - but I thought we had an inclusive package.  I rang 6 times during Friday between 8am and 9pm but each time I got a message saying the queuing time was about 30 minutes so I hung up.  It's costing us more on our PlusNet agreement currently to ring UK landlines from our landline, than to ring abroad from my mobile.  

I tried finding how to add a call package via the website but it all seemed to relate to broadband packages.  I tried finding how to send an e-mail to make the changes but I can't see how that's possible?  I tried several times via live chat as an existing customer but the box just kept being greyed out and saying it wasn't available.  

In the end on Friday night I clicked to say I was a potential new customer and live chat was suddenly available.  The guy I was in contact with said I needed the "contention" dept. and he tried to put me through, but the queue was long and in the end at nearly 10pm he said it was shutting and I'd have to contact again on Saturday morning.  

Then I got this automated message overnight: 

"We suggest that you top-up your Home Phone call credit.

If you reach your credit limit, an administration fee of £5.76 would be charged on your next subscription payment.

Also, any non-emergency calls made would be transferred through to Customer Services, who'd be able to help you top up your credit. Your incoming calls would not be affected."

I have told my family not to use the landline phone until this gets sorted out.  

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note.
Posts split from old topic to give better visibility to the ops issue.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you've had with contacting us.

This isn't what we want and we plan to hire a lot more staff. At the moment, there's no call queue to get through to customer services or technical support though I appreciate it's not always like that especially in the evenings.

A bit more info on what we're doing can be found over here.

I can see that your new call package is now active on your account, so any calls made to landlines under 60 minutes should be inclusive moving forward as well as 2000 minutes per month to UK mobiles.

Let us know over here if you have any further queries. We're also happy to help over Facebook and Twitter.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet