cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation fee?

gingerbloke
Grafter

Activation fee?

I'm trying to get a friend to join up with PS broadband only, he has a BT line and wants to continue phone with them (bill part paid by employer). He's keen to use PN instead of BT due to UK call centre and freephone support.
He is baulking at the activation fee (BT won't charge him for this) - is there a way to avoid it by signing up for 12 months minimum?
Adam
6 REPLIES 6
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Activation fee?

is there a way to avoid it by signing up for 12 months minimum?

Sorry we only do that for a broadband activation fee rather than phone. Are they sure they need to pay the fee in question? I ask as its not always applicable.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
gingerbloke
Grafter

Apologies Adam, the original post was a little vague.
He's currently on BT using d-i-a--lu-p- (yes, they're still around !) and was looking to go with BT for the broadband. He only needs minimum service.
I suggested PN as he's very anti-'offshore call centre', and would only need the basic 10gb service, but it looks as if he'd need to pay the £25 activation fee? Like I said in the first post, he does not want to stop using BT for the phone/rental service, so the service from PN would be broadband only.
Adam
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

No worries, in that case yes, he can avoid paying that fee by agreeing to a 12 month contract.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
gingerbloke
Grafter

Adam,
from the info pages it looks like the activation fee is only waived for 12 month contracts with a phone package? He intends to stay on BT for phone line and calls.
Or have a missed something?
Adam
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Apologies - if he's not taking phone and needs the broadband installing then the £25 is chargeable I'm afraid.
gingerbloke
Grafter

Thanks Matt,
he'll probably go with BT because they're not charging an activation fee  Sad but it was worth a try.
Adam