cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Tomorrow - Whats with the order status ? where is the router ?

Jonny

Activation Tomorrow - Whats with the order status ? where is the router ?

BT Openreach confirmed a few days ago my line will be moved and activated tomorrow (08/01/2014)
however, my order status has been stuck on "Checking Details" since the 18/12/2013 and still no router has arrived ?
Should I be worried ?
After being sold and told that I would be on-line by Christmas originally by the call centre before I placed the order this is looking like a longer wait is to be expected......  Shocked
Yours patiently,
Jonathan
5 REPLIES
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 162

Re: Activation Tomorrow - Whats with the order status ? where is the router ?

Now that your phone service is activated, we'll order your broadband service and send out the router. This will take around 5-7 working days as per the email we sent back in December:
Your phone service:
We'll arrange for an engineer to come and install your new phone service. We won't need to contact you if your preferred appointment date is available. If a different appointment is required, we'll give you a call within a week to make alternative arrangements.
Your appointment is currently booked for 08/01/2014 AM
Your broadband service:
Once your phone service has been installed, your broadband should be activated within 5-7 working days.

Sorry if you were expecting the broadband active today.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff
Jonny

Thank you for the reply,
Yes looking back I see now there was something about the broadband activation being later.
I should have read more closely Smiley I think the mis-information from the sales call centre before my order confused me.
Thank you,
Jonny

Just a quick update -
Activation date was set to 16th ! YAY ! but moved the next day to the 18th ! BOO !  Embarrassed so much for the "within" 5 - 7 days
Router dispatched on the 11/01/2014 with a reference of 1st Class (so I assumed sent royal mail 1st class and I hope tracked) but still nothing has arrived to date (15th PM).
Please can someone either provide a tracking number so I can find out where this router is ? and surely the ADSL can be turned on at an earlier date ?
Yours patiently,

Plusnet Alumni (retired) orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
The activation's actually due tomorrow, hope that helps a bit? Realise it's still not today though. As for the router, it is sent first class but not tracked I'm afraid so we can't send a tracking number. I'd expect it to be arriving today or tomorrow though.
Hope that helps, hope all goes well with the install.
Jonny

Live and active since early this morning (18/01/2014)!  Cheesy
router hasn't arrived but I have hooked up an old BT homehub 2 without a problem
I suggest sales reps be updated that it is possible to use a bt homehub instead of flogging yet another piece of electronics.
http://community.plus.net/library/hardware/using-a-bt-homehub-3-or-2-on-plusnet-adsl-or-fttc/