cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating your line - nothing is happening and no communication

matttea

Activating your line - nothing is happening and no communication

My broadband was supposed to go live yesterday on the 8th January but nothing has happened.
My members area account now says "We're waiting for confirmation that your broadband order, due , has completed"
it also says "We'll keep you regularly updated by email until your broadband is activated" but I havn't heard anything.
Is there a big backlog that anyone knows of? Any ideas of when it will activate
Cheers
5 REPLIES 5
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Activating your line - nothing is happening and no communication

Welcome to the forums. I would have liked to add "and to Plusnet" too, but it seems that would be premature. Sad
It does seem that the staff in Plusnet Towers are somewhat busy at the moment. And that is an understatement.
Have you tried plugging the router in to see if it syncs with the exchange? Hopefully even goes on to connect to Plusnet.
Failing that giving the CSC a call on 0800 432 0200 (or 0345 140 0200) should get you an update but that might involve a long wait on the phone. Otherwise Plusnet's Digital Care Team staff should be here tomorrow.
David
David
matttea

Thanks for your reply David.
I tried giving plusnet a call but gave up after waiting 20mins.
The instructions I received said not to plug in the modem until I had confirmation the line was active. Will it cause any issues if I try that?
Cheers
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

no it won't just plug it in and see which lights go to green
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

In the unlikely event that plugging the router in early does cause a problem this is easily fixed by resetting the router to factory defaults. That is done (with the router powered up) by pressing the recessed reset button on the back using a paper clip, or similar, and holding for up to 10 seconds (until the power light turns red).
The router will then start again from the initial position.
David
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi matttea, looks like it's all logged in and working now? Hope all is good, please let us know if there's anything we can help with.