cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accuracy of PlusNet usage figure

flinflon
Dabbler

Accuracy of PlusNet usage figure

I have plusnet legacy which means 10Gb monthly limit but free from midnight to 8.00am. Recently (8th Feb) I noticed my chargeable usage increased by about 1Gb. I checked my pc usage software for the 8th and it shows a total of 178Mb in download usage (hourly figures available in xls ).

On further investigation it appears that I started to download a video but because it was huge (approx.1Gb) I cancelled the download. The partial download is to my surprise playable in VLC but stops after about a minute or two presumably because of the cancellation of the download.

Can anyone explain why PlusNet usage seems to include the whole video (1Gb) whereas my pc software shows up as the actual partial download (55Mb)? 

2 REPLIES 2
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Accuracy of PlusNet usage figure

Does remaining on the legacy product provide any benefit compared with upgrading to Plusnet Unlimited? If you give the Customer Options Team a call on 0800 013 2632 you might be able to negotiate an attractive deal.

David
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Accuracy of PlusNet usage figure

@flinflon,

There has been a recent issue with the REPORTED (rather than the BILLED) usage - see here https://community.plus.net/t5/Broadband/broadband-usage-gone-sky-high/td-p/1506625 - this might fit both your time window and issue.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.