cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account

adrian001
Dabbler

Account

How can I share an account with my own email.
7 REPLIES 7
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Account

Hi @adrian001,

Apologies for the delayed response. Please could you clarify what you mean by this? For a home phone and broadband account, we don't allow for joint ownership, but the account holder can add up to 2 Authorised Users.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
adrian001
Dabbler

I want to be able to use my email address on my partners account please.
KatieC
Pro
Fixes: 11

Hi @adrian001

Are you looking to update the email address on your partners Plusnet account, to your email address? Due to Data Protection Laws, this isn't something that could be changed without the account holders permission.

Any changes would need to be made by the account holder directly, unless there is an Authorised User named on the account. If you could clarify what it is that you are looking to do, we'd be happy to offer as much support as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team
adrian001
Dabbler

I am looking to add my email address to my partners broadband account
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

We only have the ability to add one additional address to an account (other than the postmaster/anything @ usernername.

To change the additional one though, visit portal.plus.net, log in, click on 'Manage Account' click 'View/Edit account details'

and the bottom option is Email. Click edit and then OK.

Give us a shout if anything goes wrong.

Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
adrian001
Dabbler

Can I forward a plusnet email to a gmail address?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Hi Adrian,

I do not think it has been clear in this topic what you seek to achieve.

"I want to be able to use my email address on my partners account please"

What is it you want to achieve?  What do you mean by "use ... on ... account"?

Do you mean add your email address as a contact email address to the account?

Do you mean access your emails when connected to the internet using the Plusnet service provided under your partner's account?

In answer to your last question - you cannot FORWARD a Plusnet email address.  FORWARDING implies receiving and storing into the mailbox and then sending a copy elsewhere.

HOWEVER if this is a @useraccount.plus.com email address, you can delete the mailbox on that email address and replace the mailbox with a REDIRETION address.

That said, you are asking for advice on potential solutions to an unstated problem.  There might be better solutions!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.