Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account via Member Centre

Anonymous
Not applicable

Account via Member Centre

Hi There, 

I manage my parents broadband account for them, and recently I wanted to log into the account to check their billing, and to change the e-mail address on file for them.  Despite using the known login info I cannot get into the account. 

Before I reset the password, using the forgot password function, can I ask, does the Member Centre details affect the details for the login of the Router?  I ask this because when we set up the supplied Router/Hub we were told to use the details: username@plusdsl.net

If I change the e-mail address in the account will that change the username?

Thanks in advance.

CJT80

3 REPLIES 3
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Account via Member Centre

Yes the member centre username and password are the same ones used for the router connection.

So if you change the password for the member centre, it changes the password required by the router to connect to the internet.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SpendLessTime wrote:

Yes the member centre username and password are the same ones used for the router connection.

So if you change the password for the member centre, it changes the password required by the router to connect to the internet.

Thank you @SpendLessTime I think I will leave it and try and remotely log in via my Parents PC to check I can log into the account before mucking about with password changes. 

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

You're welcome.

It is an easy mistake to make even more so as I don't think the router will spot the change until it is rebooted or reconnects for some other reason. Which might be weeks off and it is easy to forget about the password being changed by then.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT