Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account upgrades

decomplexity
Rising Star

Account upgrades

Tut tut…
I have been helping a friend upgrade her dial-up account to BBYW Option 1.
a. If she were a new customer (without an existing account), it is simple to configure a BBYW Option 1 with 1GB and PAYG of £1 per excess GB (via ‘No option to suit you? - Create BB your way’ / ‘Configure BB your way’ / ‘Create BB your way now’ / and use the ‘change your product’ screen to ratchet down to 1GB and then tick the fixed cost or PAYG box (to get PAYG).
But since she is an existing customer, it seems impossible to get to the ‘change your product’ screen to ratchet down to 1GB (and thence and thence to tick the fixed cost or PAYG box). The dialogue sequence simply does not include it!
b. She needs to print and mail a direct debit pro forma because she will be paying from a joint account (joint accounts cannot be processed on line). But when we get to the Upgrade Account ‘Confirmation – Confirm Cost’ screen, and press the 'Print direct debit form' button a new window showing the portal is displayed instead!! However, moving on to the next screen we get another ‘print direct debit form’ button which this time does print.
Either I am up a gum tree (not the first time…) or someone isn’t testing properly.
Come on chaps/chapesses.
Zen from May 17. PN Business account from 2004 - 2017
6 REPLIES 6
chillypenguin
Grafter

Re: Account upgrades

As they are an existing user, it makes sense that they can not make this adjustment, until they are a broadband user. Once they are active you can make the change.
And as for DD's on joint accounts, we have set them up on-line without any issues.
Chilly
chillypenguin
Grafter

Moderators Note
As this is a referral issue I have moved it to the referral forum, where it will get Marks attention.
Jonathan
aka Chilly
decomplexity
Rising Star

a. this is not a referral issue per se. I have not claimed a referral, merely helped a third party
b. PN's direct debit mandate instructions insist that debits from a joint account must be mandated using a paper pro forma. We were merely trying to follow PN's instructions. Are these instructions wrong? 
Spider
Grafter

The only time DD should require a paper mandate is when the joint account requires both signatures to operate. Normally either party as full authority over the account and why most people who I know who work on marital disputes do not have a joint account!
decomplexity
Rising Star

As they are an existing user, it makes sense that they can not make this adjustment, until they are a broadband user.
I read the words, Chilly, but the logic escapes me.
My daughter was applying to change her service:
a. from dial up to broadband
b. to pay for the excess traffic volume as PAYG rather than be throttled at 128K
She was appling for b. as part of a., and as part of the screen panel dialogue used to apply for a.,  not in isolation
Can you perhaps clarify why you think she should not be able to do this?
chillypenguin
Grafter

Quote from: decomplexity
b. PN's direct debit mandate instructions insist that debits from a joint account must be mandated using a paper pro forma. We were merely trying to follow PN's instructions. Are these instructions wrong? 
Whoops, they seam to be able to take my money every month.
As for being at referral issue, I agree not a referral issue per say, but I believe this forum will attract interest from the right staff members  Wink
I helped someone upgrade from Dial-up to Broadband earlier this year, and if my memory serves me correct the account remains as a dial-up account for the 10 days until Broadband is activated, when you will then see the "Control your Braodband" icon appear under "Connection Settings".
Chilly