cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account upgrade not actioned

WoodyP

Account upgrade not actioned

As a new PlusNet user, with Live Chat turned off and 30+ minute waits for customer service to answer the phone I have turned to The Community:

An upgrade from 'Line only' to include all UK & Mobile calls that was initiated on 24th September was failed to be activated several times before its stated date of 7th October (my normal billing date). So phone charges started accumulating from 7th October as we stopped trying to use the poor Mobile coverage in our area and used the Home phone instead.

A late night call to Customer Services on 23rd October was eventually answered and processes put in place to rectify the situation - i.e. increase the Credit Limit and get the charges refunded when the next bill comes in. However, the credit limit seems to NOT have changed, and another problem has arisen.

A check of the 'line speed' identified less than the guaranteed minimum, so with the router now plugged into the Master test socket and an engineer 'due' to call, we still do not know whether this has actually been scheduled since providing acceptable future time slots last Monday 29th October.

I get the strong suspicion that the Question / Ticket has been put on Hold so that no one is continuing to deal with it, but with no practical method of contact with Customer Services (30 minutes hanging on the phone is NOT ACCEPTABLE), I am at a loss of what to do. Can Customer Services pick up these posts?

3 REPLIES 3
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Account upgrade not actioned

@WoodyP wrote:
I am at a loss of what to do. Can Customer Services pick up these posts?

Yes they can, but coverage of Community is limited over the weekend.

I understand from other forum posts that problems with the new billing system are having effects in handling change for some users.  Hopefully a Plusnet staffer will be along to see if your account is one of those affected.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

WoodyP

Thanks MauriceC. Yes I had guessed that the new billing system was having "consequences", and Alex Smith was very helpful setting corrections in motion, but I wonder if the ticket system has changed as tickets seem to be put on hold and then not progressed for a week or 2! The big problem remains as lack of a practical means of contact.

I shall see what next week brings.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hello there, 

I've just checked the account and can see from ticket 183863092 that the change of call package is due to go ahead in a couple of days time. I'll follow things up on the due date to check this went as planned and to do any follow-up work that might be needed. 

Unfortunately it doesn't look like we can increase the credit limit without us taking a payment,  so I'm really sorry that wasn't made clear previously. There is credit remaining at present so hopefully that won't be an issue in the meantime until the phone package changes over. 

With regards to the fault I'm going to pick that up now and will reply back to ticket 184026650 to confirm that shortly. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team