Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account type change a week early.

Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Account type change a week early.

I ordered an upgrade to FTTC as soon as it became available, and was initially given a choice of 3 dates for installation. I selected 20/5/14 (yesterday), 28/5/14 or 29/5/14 (next Wednesday or Thursday).
I was then given an installation date of today, 21/5/14, which was not suitable, and so I rearranged the appointment for 28/5/14, PM slot.
Today I received an email advising that my Product Change was complete, I now show as a FTTC account, and my Current Line Speed is 80Mb. Of course, I am still on ADSL.
Can I please have confirmation that the appointment for next Wednesday is still active on the system, and I won't be left paying for FTTC while still on ADSL?
Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Account type change a week early.

Hi Jaggies,
I'm sorry for any confusion surrounding your FTTC install.
I can confirm that your appointment is scheduled for 28/05/2014 between 1PM and 6PM, however, your account has automatically switched to Fibre on the "original" appointment date. I have therefore created Ticket: 86021748 on your account so that our FTTC team can refund you for any extra cost you'll be charged for the account changing to FTTC ahead of schedule. They'll refund you once the service has been successfully installed.
I'm very sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro

Thanks, Linn.
Are there likely to be any issues caused by the Current Line Speed? My connection has finally stabilised, after weeks of dropping a couple of times a day, it's been up for almost a week now. Presumably, if a Delta Report is created should I have any more connection drops, the Current Line Speed should return to the correct level for ADSL - presumably I can just ask for it to go back to the VDSL level if it doesn't automatically update?
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Absolutely, Jaggies.
If you have any issues in the meantime do please let us know and if following the FTTC installation your speeds don't pick up accordingly then give us a nudge and we'll be able to sort that out for you. Smiley
Again, apologies the account has changed ahead of schedule.
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro

No problems, Linn - I know it's a system issue and not your fault.
Just sitting tight and waiting for the upgrade now...  Cool