cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account switching & Plusnet retention - terrible service

annoyedgrunt

Account switching & Plusnet retention - terrible service

I am a current Plusnet customer and wanted to continue using their service, however the account holder is moving out.

I work from home so continuity of service is essential.

Plusnet state they cannot transfer account holders - I note that two competitors: EE & Sky Broadband both offer ways to do this on their websites, however Plusnet are strict. Their customer service team offered a helpful solution: open a new account for the property in my name and they will automatically cancel the existing account. They sent a letter confirming this, which states we don't need to do anything if we are happy for the cancellation to take place - it would happen automatically.

They took £25 up front but I was notified of a problem with the order and when I chased them they explained it was an issue with a double booking. They would cancel and raise a new order and take another £25. So I am currently £50 out of pocket waiting for refund.

This weekend I received notification the second order has also stalled.

On speaking with their customer service team I was informed they could not do a Plusnet to Plusnet switch with different account holders at the same address. The only option is for the existing account holder to cancel... and then I have to wait until the day of cancellation to submit a new order, meaning weeks without broadband.

When I challenged the customer service rep as to why none of the 3-4 Plusnet employees I'd spoken to previously had raised this and why the letter they sent stated it would cancel automatically, the rep was unapologetic, unhelpful and rude.

I cannot believe a happy customer who wanted to stay with Plusnet is being treated this poorly, whilst also being told they must go weeks without broadband. I'm now exploring alternative solutions / providers but wanted to flag this here in case any others had a similar experience and managed to work something out - or could recommend another provider.

7 REPLIES 7
annoyedgrunt

Re: Account switching & Plusnet retention - terrible service

Update: Having called back and spoken to a different customer service rep who was super helpful, it seems it should be possible to setup a new pending Plusnet account order and cease the previous one at the same property without losing service. Fingers crossed.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hey @annoyedgrunt, thanks a lot for getting in touch and I'm really sorry to hear how this has been handled. You absolutely CAN create a new account in your name, and take over the working line at the property with a new telephone number. 

I'm not happy happy with the orders at the moment though, they appear to be delayed on Openreach's end. The phone and broadband orders haven't matched up together, and there aren't any notes, despite the orders being placed on the 17th. 

I've just cancelled them down in order to replace them manually tomorrow. The account will stay the same, you won't have to do anything on your end. 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
annoyedgrunt

Thanks, Adam.

I'm happy for you to close / remove this topic now.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@annoyedgrunt  Threads on the forum never get closed, you may need to post again, both the Plusnet and BT (Wholesale  and Openreach)  ordering systems can misbehave and often do so there could still be problems ahead, but let's hope it all goes through OK.😀

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

The order remains stuck at the moment and is in need of cancelling down in order to replace. It remains under my personal ownership though, and Openreach have today confirmed that it's in the process of being cancelled down. 

I'll continue to keep you updated on the open ticket. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
annoyedgrunt

Hi adam,

I can't respond to the ticket - I received text notification of another delay - am I correct this is regarding the new order?

Is there any further communication between Plusnet and Openreach when they 'delay' an order so the problem can be identified, as this is the third time in a row?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there,

I'm really sorry to see the issues with your order. I've picked this up for you while Adam's away today. 

I can see the orders we've placed with our suppliers to transfer your services across to your new account have been rejected, due to an error that suggests there's already an open order somewhere.

I've checked the supplier systems and as there's no open order from what I can see, I suspect it's going to be deep in the systems, so I've raised an ORDI (OpenReach Data Integrity) request.

I've also spent the last hour discussing this with an adviser from our suppliers helpdesk, who has kindly done some digging (Metaphorically, of course) with their team manager, and is baffled. 

I've therefore raised a case into Openreach's Application Service Desk for their second line support team to investigate further. I've copied Adam into this and he'll follow things up with you as soon as we know more. This should be within the next 5 working days but it may be sooner. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience. 

Regarding the ticket, do you get any particular error when you try to add a comment onto it? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet