cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account restricted - can’t even access plusnet website

adamc92

Account restricted - can’t even access plusnet website

My bill is usually paid by direct debit which comes out on the 25th. I received an email 2 days ago saying my payment was late and if I didn’t pay within 2 days my account would be restricted. I am now getting an error message on some websites saying “failed billing” and I can’t even log in to the plusnet website when using my mobile data, or if I’m connected to Wi-Fi I get an “error connection refused” message. Why is this happening? My bill usually comes out of my account on the 25th and I’ve never previously had this message. I’m also unsure as to why I’m experiencing restrictions immediately when the email stated 14 days? Any help would be appreciated as I can’t get through to plusnet support on the phone
6 REPLIES 6
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Account restricted - can’t even access plusnet website

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Accounts / Billing..
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Adam, I'm really sorry about the incorrect restrictions in place on your account. I've put through a request to the right team to get that fixed for you, that should be done within the next 2 to 4 hours from now: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=222121979

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamc92

Hi,

This hasn’t fixed the issue, I’m still having the same problems
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Adam, sorry to see this, just to check do you see an option to "continue browsing" so you can bypass the warning screen?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamc92

Hi,

No I don't have that option, I just have an option to reload the page and I am still receiving this message

I genuinely can't wait to move to another internet provider next month

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @adamc92, thanks for getting back to us. I'm really sorry that you're still facing these issues and unable to bypass the restrictions your side.

I have raised a new request to our debt team to have the restrictions removed on our side for you but in the meantime, would advise to clear your browsers cookies/ cache and then try again to access a site and see if the message appears with the option to remove the restrictions.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team