Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account renewal options

FIXED
kevdwyer
Grafter

Account renewal options

I'm pretty sure that my contract is due for renewal in the next few weeks. I have unlimited Fibre and also the Youview entertainment package. My wife and I also have our mobile phone contracts with Plusnet.

I'm currently receiving a discount on my Broadband package but I expect that will lapse when the contract expires.

My questions are: Will Plusnet be in touch to let me know exactly when my Broadband contract ends or will the contract roll over to a new Monthly payment with, I expect no discount and higher charges.

Reading the Forums I see that the incentives offered to new customers are not available to existing customers, does signing up to a new 18 month contract count as being a new customer?

If I jump ship and take advantage of something like the Vodafone £22 per month Fibre and Line rental will this affect my mobile contract as I will no longer be a Broadband customer.

Thanks for any advice 

2 REPLIES 2
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Account renewal options

Fix

@kevdwyer wrote:

My questions are: Will Plusnet be in touch to let me know exactly when my Broadband contract ends or will the contract roll over to a new Monthly payment with, I expect no discount and higher charges.

Reading the Forums I see that the incentives offered to new customers are not available to existing customers, does signing up to a new 18 month contract count as being a new customer?

1. Plusnet will probably not be in touch to tell you that your minimum term on the contract is ending. I say probably not, as they do cold call some people but there is no guarantee that they will call you.

2. "New customer" means just that. Someone who is not a customer but becomes one. So not you.

If you do want to agree to a new contract to get a discount, I would suggest phoning up and selecting the option "Thinking of leaving".

But first look around the market and price up what others can provide. You can then ask nicely if Plusnet will price match those deals. They may not but you don't have to accept the first offer.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
kevdwyer
Grafter

Re: Account renewal options

Many thanks