Did you mean: 

Account referrals

FIXED
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Account referrals

Yesterday (5th September) I got an email:-

We need to let you know that your September bill will be delayed by a few days.

We just wanted to drop you an email to reassure you that you won't be charged any more or less money, and your service won't be affected in any way. You'll get your usual email notifications when your bill's ready, and payment will be taken via your current method.

We hope this doesn't cause any problems, but please get in touch if you need to. Call us on 0800 432 0200.

Today, I noticed that you had zeroised my referral payments due to be deducted from my September bill.

I'm expected the same as August 2018 to be credited in September 2018:-

Congratulations! We are writing to inform you of the discount you have received through My Referrals and how the discount has been applied.

By referring the following accounts, you have received a discount of £3.00 on your broadband account. This has been applied to your account as a credit of £3.00 against \'Scheduled Payments\'.

Referral ID: new_signup
Discount received: £3.00

Please make the appropriate adjustments...

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

18 REPLIES 18
Kdog
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Account referrals

Might be worth noting that the referrals now get credited directly on to the bill, rather than separately generated any then applied with that email being sent. So when the bill does generate they should be listed on there.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@VileReynard I think you'll find 'it will be alright on the night' as they say.Smiley

I was in the same situation as you, my billing date was 2 Sept and my bill was delayed until yesterday. The referral values were correct on the bill.Smiley

I believe the actual billing process is being run and then the bill posting delayed for double-checking. The billing process will, of course, account for and clear the referrals.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Fix

@VileReynard,

To reiterate what @MisterW and @Kdog has said referrals will now show as a deduction on your bill. That means when you get your new invoice you'll see the deduction as an line item on your invoice.

If you have any problems when your invoice is generated please let us know.

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

I got an email on Friday 7th (my billing date) telling me my bill would be delayed. I then got an email on Saturday 8th, advising that my bill was ready to view.

I managed to access the Bills and Payments page and get to the bill. It was wrong – different discount applied to broadband charge (albeit a small difference in my favour!), but, more importantly, no sign of my referrals. The net effect was an overpayment billed.

I also checked the Current Referrals page on my account and none of the referrals on active accounts were there. The last referral credits on those accounts were dated before my August bill and the Uninvoiced Referral Credits were all showing as “N/A”.

I rang Customer Services early on Sunday spoke to an adviser who said she would refer the bill to the correct department as a task and get back to me once she had a reply from them. There is a closed ticket on my account to that effect. I have yet to hear back from Customer Services.

Meanwhile I will be paying the incorrect amount by D/D with the hope that PN can sort this out and that I will be refunded the overpayment in due course.

I got the impression from my conversation with the adviser, that PN are aware of problems with referrals and the new billing system.

As @JOLO says the referrals should now be on your bill which is fine as long as the rest of the system works so that they are correctly generated and transferred to your bill.

VileReynard
Hero

I had similar problems.

I got 2 referrals recognised but 3 were missing.

I was told a similar story about the missing referrals - basically "it will sort itself out, in time"...

BTW If you look at archived invoices, you won't see any referrals at all. Whatsoever. Zilch.

Luckily, I've archived all the emails regarding payments and referrals since 2007

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @jgb

I can see when you spoke to the advisor yesterday that they raised a task to the correct team to resolve the issue. Once this team has completed the task the advisor has confirmed that they will be back in contact. You can access the ticket here.

Just to ensure that this is the case I have sent a reminder email.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
VileReynard
Hero

@Jubby Can you raise a ticket for me on the same issue please?

Hobby
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Same here no referrals on this months bill as promised.

Messed up my latest referral completely in July and had to give me a manual credit under the old billing system.

Told me would all be sorted and referrals would be paid automatically.

My referrals page does show my current referral but it is zero's same as the others on here mention.

Can you raise a ticket for me also (tffive) as it takes an eternity waiting on the phone.

Thanks

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @Hobby,

I'm really sorry to hear this hasn't been fixed for you as of yet.

Your ticket has been re-opened here

@VileReynard,

I have also created a ticket for you here

Thank you.

VileReynard
Hero

Thanks @OllieC

Hobby
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Thanks OllieC, much appreciated.

sodafountain

I am the same, got the e-mail saying my bill and payment would be the same, but then I got charged an extra £1.25 as they never took my referral off (although it shows as active in my referrals).

Can someone please open a ticket.

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @sodafountain,

I am sorry to hear that your referral credit was not added to your most recent invoice.

I have raised a ticket here to the relevant department to refund as soon as possible.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

rmw85

I'm having the same problem - my referrals haven't been deducted from my bill dated 10 September, and the referrals page says they were last applied in August. Please can you raise a ticket for me to get this sorted @Satss ? Thanks
Tags (1)