Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account "Locked" Internet usage not being renewed, speed cap not removed

aldabbagh
Grafter

Account "Locked" Internet usage not being renewed, speed cap not removed

Hi, there.
Since I contacted customer services on 28th of February informing them of my intention to cancel my Account. I was told that that my account will stop on the 17th of March, the same day as my new provider was due to activate. Due to the fact that my billing period begins on the 5th of every month I was told by the Adviser that I will have to pay half the the amount that I usually pay for the month. I payed the cancellation fee of £30 plus the extra £5.25 for the extra two weeks till cancellation with the knowledge that my allowance will renew and the speed cap will be removed, however, it did not.  I called on Wednesday  on the day the billing period was due to end and allowance and speed renewed. , I was told that our billing date was changed from the 5th of March to the 17th. So essentially I payed for 2 extra weeks and my allowance and speed have not been renewed.
I called again today around 1 pm and was on hold for roughly 45 minutes, once i was put through to one of the Plus net team he informed me he could not do anything and transferred me to technical support. Once through to technical support i informed him of the issue and was again put on hold for around 5-10 minutes, once back on the line he informed me that he will not be able to renew our bandwidth and remove the speed cap from my account as the account has been scheduled for cancellation and has been locked and that no one is able to modify it now to remove the cap. Furthermore, I informed them of my wish to escalate the issue to the senior manager, I was told that someone will call me back, however,  I have not been contacted.
I believe this is a breach of contract, because the 60 GB allowance is for 4 weeks (i.e. 1 month), not for 6 weeks that i have been charged with. I would have been happy to pay the full amount for the month to renew my allowance until the cut off day, but I was not given that option

My 2 sons and daughter depend on internet as they need it for their studies. One of my sons has a university research project which has to be completed and is struggling to do so due to the incredibly slow speeds.
It seems that this problem is further justifying my decision to leave Plus net.
5 REPLIES 5
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Account "Locked" Internet usage not being renewed, speed cap not removed

Hi aldabbagh,
I'm really sorry to hear that your usage was not reset on your original billing date. I have passed this on to my colleague who will ensure this is dealt with and you usage reset by the end of the day today.
I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.
aldabbagh
Grafter

Thanks for replying.
Is it possible to do during this time? We really do need the internet.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It is currently in the process of being done, however, it can take a few hours to update on the account. I've been ensured this will be updated by the end of the day.
aldabbagh
Grafter

It's done now. Thanks for resetting it.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Glad that's been sorted for you now. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.