cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account question

kaspencer
Grafter

Account question

I have "been with" Plusnet since 2003. That being so, perhaps you will forgive me if I have forgotten many of the small print items of the contract, and these may have changed anyway. So can someone with responsibility in the Plusnet organisation please inform me:

1. How many domains can be hosted on an account such as mine, without incurring further charges?
    (I current have two hosted - one is a dot com, one a dot co.uk.)

2. If I have capacity to host one more domain, where can I find a list of current registration and renewal costs, re. dot com, dot uk, and dot co.uk ?

Many thanks in advance!

KASpencer (Posted in another section, but no replies received)

4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 181

Re: Account question

kaspencer
Grafter

Thanks for that.

Unfortunately, it doesn't really completely cover my question, because I do not know which historical situation applies to my account. So I'll give more details:

- I currently have two domains regietered and hosted with PlusNet, one dot com, and one dot co dot uk.
  I pay registration and renewals for these but I have never paid hosting charges because hosting was and is
  included with my account.

- I used to have three domains hosted, but I (intentionally) let one registration lapse because it was no longer relevant.
  Interestingly, it is still tied to my account but no longer registered nor hosted.

I wish to register another domain in place of the lapsed domain, and I am assuming that my account will allow me to host it without further charge, as a replacement for the lapsed domain.

If you (or another agent, as appropriate) could possibly investigate my account type and confirm that if I register a new domain that it can be hosted with no charge, I'd be very grateful.

Many thanks

Kenneth Spencer

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 181

@kaspencer  I'm afraid I'm just a customer like yourself and so have no access to your account. I just happen to have been around for a while and knew where to find some information on legacy domain hosting.

We need one of the Plusnet staff to come along and check your account details.

kaspencer
Grafter

Thanks, @MisterW 

I thought it would require a PlusNet operator, but I didn't whether or not you were such!

Let's hope someone passes this way soon.

All the best

Kenneth Spencer