Did you mean: 

Account permanently stuck with message "Change already in progress.."

FIXED
Capvermell
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Account permanently stuck with message "Change already in progress.."

Fix

@ukskydoc This problem has clearly been going on rather a long time as it was raised by @hooverman in his post in January 2021 at https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Change-already-in-progress-You-are-not-currently-al... although I first encountered it about four months ago when additional security password emails I needed in order to login in to my sipgate.co.uk Voip account (they added the password email process that hadn't been there before and I didn't ask for it to be added to my account) weren't turning up although they did turn up after some hours back in February.

Yesterday I needed to access my Sipgate account again to redirect the final call destination after losing a mobile but the additional password emails from Sipgate weren't turning up at all.  Later it turned out this was Sipgate's fault as the confirmation code emails were not being sent and so they modified my Sipgate account so I did not need the emailed code to login as used to be the case in the past.

But anyway I then posted about this in the thread at https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Is-the-email-service-being-withdrawn-or-not/m-p/1926985/emcs_t/S... asking if Plusnet is thinking of shutting down its email services as not fixing problems like this rather adds to the impression this may be their eventual plan.

@Townman  then very helpfully posted the direct link to reach these email controls at https://www.plus.net/manage_my_mail in the thread and I find that this works in reaching the spam filtering and other email controls such as setting up new sub mailboxes etc as long as you are already logged in to your Plusnet member account before using that direct link to the email controls page.

Unfortunately Plusnet's current attitude seems to be that as they are thinking of shutting down the email services in due course they can't be bothered to fix whatever it is that causes just some member accounts to get in to the "change already in progress" condition when it then at the same time (due to whatever triggers this fault) also isn't possible to access the email account controls page........

ukskydoc
Dabbler

hi @adamwalker - many thanks again to you and the Plusnet IT team for looking into this ongoing issue with email account management. I take it this is only related to freeOnline mail? Lets hope this can be sorted out soon. Best. C.

ukskydoc
Dabbler

hi @Capvermell - this is brilliant! A work around, for sure, but one that works and thank you for your excellent post. It's baffling why the Plusnet team didn't give me this workaround as it's been an issue for a while. For now I am just happy I am able to access and manage my email redirects again! Good to see you're labelled a "Rising Star" at least!  - C.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, just wanted to drop you a quick update to let you know the issue is still outstanding, I'll check on it every couple of weeks for you but please do shout up if there's anything else I can help with in the meantime. 

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team