cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account paid up and closed but still open and Plusnet still trying to take payments!

Hobby
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Account paid up and closed but still open and Plusnet still trying to take payments!

Writing this as a last resort on this forum!

I introduced my daughter to Plusnet last year in August and she received a good service. She has now gone overseas for 6 months and paid up what she owed in cancellation fees and was told the acount would be closed on the 17th April 2016.

As a named person on her account I have been checking and found that the acount and phone was still live on the 18th April. Needless to say i rang and was told not to worry it would be closed down and everything was going to be sorted by the billing team.

Needless to say the direct debit due on the 17th April plusnet decided to try and collect leaving a warning message about paying to ensure contiunued service!! (The direct debit was of course cancelled by my daughter as she had paid up and was leaving etc.)

I have now rang at least 5 times trying to get this sorted only to be promised the billing team would sort at once. Trouble is you cannot speak to anyone who actually knows what is going on they all put you on hold and go and ask someone else for an answer. All come back with the same thing saying it is being handled by the billing team who are waiting for a direct debit to process, really!!

I think the billing team talks to one group and the customer service teamn to another, nver the twain shall meet/1

Basically fed up now and looks like the failed direct debit will put a 'missed payment' on my daughters credit file. If this happens I can see the legal team at my end getting involved with Plusnet.

As a member myself since 2003 i am really beginning to worry about how such a simple account closure can be so easily cocked up. The tickets raised clearly show my daughter is fully paid up and owes nothing but no one in plusnet seems able or willing to sort. May be it is time I voted with my size nines and left as well as I am not sure they can be trusted if such a simple billing issue causes this much trouble to them.

Note for any plusnet staff that might like to get involved my daughters user name is flhobson. No secrecy as the account is closed - or is it!!!

6 REPLIES 6
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Account paid up and closed but still open and Plusnet still trying to take payments!

Hello. This doesn't make for good reading, I'm sorry for the issues she's going through Sad I'll take a look at her account first thing tomorrow afternoon when I'm back in work.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Account paid up and closed but still open and Plusnet still trying to take payments!

Basically fed up now and looks like the failed direct debit will put a 'missed payment' on my daughters credit file. If this happens I can see the legal team at my end getting involved with Plusnet.

I hope that's not the case.  I'm in a similar situation with a bill which Plusnet agrees should not be paid, but nevertheless are continuously chasing and griping about the DD being cancelled.   However I just checked on one of the free credit checks and nothing came up.  I wonder whether the Missed Payment would apply only if the DD mandate was in place but the payment failed for example because of insufficient funds.    In both our cases the situation is difference, the DD was deliberately cancelled and any debt denied. 

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

@Hobby A ticket on her account has been sent to the correct team to close it within the next few days. Please ignore all further automated emails about outstanding balances.

@aesmith A ticket has been raised to our debt management team to remove any debt and close the account. Please ignore all further automated emails about outstanding balances.

Hope this helps

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

Thanks.  Since you've responded here, can you comment on whether Plusnet's attempts to take these incorrect amounts will have been flagged as missed payments on any credit check?

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

They won't affect any credit ratings in future @aesmith

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Hobby
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Thanks for the input from all parties including plusnet staff.

A pity I had to resort to the online forums to get such a simple matter sorted, no hint of an apology of course!

As far as being sorted I assume this will take some time to process as my daughter is still receving email demands for overdue payments!

As for the 'missed payment' appearing on a credit file, these are updated with each of the three main credit history companies on a daily basis but paying customers usually only get to see the upadtes on a monthly basis, I will be keeping an eye on my daughters credit file as I know how these things work, always a knee jerk reaction to blacklist someone without full investigation.

As for Plusnet I really am at a loss for how something so basic can be cocked up so easily. As I have said at the beginning having to resort to the forums to have someone from Plusnet step in to sort is not the way it should work.

Will I stay, to be honest I am not sure just now will have to see just how long this issue takes to fully sort first.