cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account not cancelled following broadband/phone transfer

Kerrytaylorstar
Hooked

Account not cancelled following broadband/phone transfer

Hi, just wondered why I’m still being billed when my phone and broadband service was transferred to BT on 28th June this year (2021) at end of contract. There is a confirmation of cancellation in the plusnet help assistant and this was followed up with a confirmation when speaking to an assistant on the phone that day. However, it appears the old copper adsl broadband service has been kept live (although I’m now on BT Fibre to the premises), and I continue to be billed. Please cancel my account as you promised and refund the additional charges! I was at the end of the 12 month contract-I don’t have the time to keep chasing you by phone. Many thanks, Kerry Mead
9 REPLIES 9
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Account not cancelled following broadband/phone transfer

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Account/ Billing 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Kerrytaylorstar
Hooked

Shall I just cancel the direct debit? As far as I’m aware I’ve done everything I can my end.
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Have you had your final bill yet?

If PN still owe you a refund if you cancel the DD it will take longer to repay you.

Kerrytaylorstar
Hooked

No final bill they’ve just cancelled the phone line and not charging for that, they are just charging me for the ADSL (which needs a phone line which they’ve cancelled 😞 )
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Hopefully a staff member will see this and intervene..

Kerrytaylorstar
Hooked

I really hope so, I just don’t have time to keep ringing and chasing! I must admit I’m surprised because I thought plusnet was at the top of their game in terms of their support. I do appreciate covid has happened, maybe it’s just that. However the automated systems should deal with situations like these where services have been transferred.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your post @Kerrytaylorstar and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to see your account with us hadn't closed down automatically after moving to BT for FTTP.

From what I can see we haven't received notification in Openreach systems that your broadband was moving, just your phone. I've now manually put the cancellation through now. 

If you can leave your direct debit active, within the next 21 days we'll automatically generate your final bill which should be a refund of anything you've paid us since your phone line transferred away you should then see in your bank account within 5 to 10 working days following this.

Let us know if you need any further help.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Kerrytaylorstar
Hooked

Thank you very much for all your help I do appreciate it! I’ll leave the DD for now and keep an eye on things over the next few weeks. Thank you again for your help!

Best regards,

Kerry Mead.
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Great stuff @Kerrytaylorstar

Feel free to reach out if you have any further issues at all. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds