cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account name

cbcadm
Hooked

Account name

Back with Plusnet after 12 months with Sky.

Took a while to finish off my latest order as it said my username was already being used.

Why can't user names be re-used, providing email address and passwords match? 

4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Account name

Back with Plusnet after 12 months with Sky.

Welcome back Smiley

Why can't user names be re-used, providing email address and passwords match? 

That'll be a limitation of our accounts system, as we can't have two accounts with the same username.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
cbcadm
Hooked

Thanks for the welcome. I'd forgotten how difficult it was to contact and get any sense out of Plusnet. Thankfully posts on here get a more understandable response. Wink

Not a big problem, just a bit annoying and hard to understand the reasoning, that's all. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problems, let us know if you need any further assistance at all.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@cbcadm wrote:

Not a big problem, just a bit annoying and hard to understand the reasoning, that's all. 

I doubt that there is any particular reasoning beyond (from history) the technology tools do not have the power of resurrection.  It is unlikely that they were designed to do that - indeed their primary constraint would be to not build services against an existing user ID.  On service termination whilst the services will be terminated (ripped down) it is very likely that tags will be left for that user ID I various CRM system elements.  Resurrection in any environment is a complicated process.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.