cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account is closed - but have been sent bill

Account is closed - but have been sent bill

When my 1 year pre-paid broadband account was nearing its end, I was given an option to renew it. I declined the offer and told Naz at Plusnet that I did not want any service (no broadband, no phone, no phone line - absolutely nothing).

When I log onto the account it says it is now closed. Quite right - that's as it should be1

But now I have been sent a bill, and then a text message to say Plusnet were unable to collect the amount by Direct Debit.

Of course they couldn't - the account is closed!

I have found it impossible to get through to Plusnet by phone of chat (I am not in UK and will not be for some time).

Can anyone tell me please how to get this bill cancelled? Is there an e-mail address I can use to contact them?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Account is closed - but have been sent bill

`Eventually (over 30 minutes on hold) got through to Support. They agreed the charge for just 1 day of line + broadband on the day the contract expired and was not renewed - so a total of £1.07 - should not have been made and would be cancelled. Was told it was sent "Automatically" - as though that is a valid excuse. That is not so. Plusnet need to sort out their system. Computers only do as they are told. Their Systems Analysts needs to do their job properly. It's just not good enough.