cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account incorrectly closed

Aca99sdb

Account incorrectly closed

I lost internet on Friday, and it transpires that Plusnet have closed my account. I have rang and they have said they need to create a new account which can take 2 weeks to activate. Can this be expedited? I work from home and can't be two weeks without internet. This is also after Plusnet messed up my house move and I was the first week and a half without internet. In the space of 3 weeks I've had internet for about 4 days. This isn't really acceptable service.
5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Account incorrectly closed

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Account/Billing

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Hi @Aca99sdb

I'm really sorry to hear this has happened and for the inconvenience, it's caused.

Unfortunately, it's not possible for us to speed this up but once you're back online we'd be more than happy to look at a gesture of goodwill for the inconvenience caused 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Aca99sdb

I'm finally fully back online having had 3 days of internet in the past 38 days. I understand that issues can happen but at no point was an alternative offered for access to internet whilst my issue was being resolved. As a result and needing to work from home i've spent 2 x 39.99 on BT wifi to cover the period. Given Plusnet is part of the BT group I was surprised that this isn't offered as temporary solution to cover mistakes made.

Many Thanks

Steve

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

This begs the question "Does the automatic compensation scheme apply here?".

The service was broken and unusable consequent to an action by the supplier ... who chose not to use expedited order processes to restore the service.

See Automatic Compensation | Help | Plusnet

"Delayed repair following a total loss of service

Total loss of service means:

• Broadband service where you’re unable access the internet
  • Phone service where you’re unable to make or receive any calls, or where the service only works one-way and it should be both

When you’ll get compensation:

• Compensation will be due if you have a total loss of service which isn’t fixed by 11.59pm on the second working day after the fault is reported
  • We'll pay you £8.40 for each day, after the two working days, that the service isn't fixed
  • If the repair's delayed because you missed the appointment, the compensation calculation will stop. It will only start again if the repair isn't completed during the next engineer visit
  • If you don’t accept our earliest available appointment, the compensation calculation will stop between the earliest available, and the appointment you've chosen"

Sounds to me like you had a total loss of service due to an error made by the supplier, which was not restored by the end of the second working day after the fault was reported.  So that should be £8.40 x30 days approx.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@Townman Am I allowed to say 'ouch' here? 😉

John