Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account holder question

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Account holder question

Hi.
I administer an broadband account for the local community centre.  The account was in the name of the secretary of the community centre, but unfortunately the aforementioned secretary has recently passed away.
How do I go about changing the name of the account holder to the new secretarys name?  Is there a policy for this at all.
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Account holder question

It would appear not, given other recent/current threads on related topics where people are helping others by administering accounts "informally" and hitting major problems.  Cry
I sort of expect someone to ask you to get the account holders permission in writing to change it.  Crazy
Or at the very least ask to see the death certificate then just close the account.
Hopefully someone will intervene and invoke some common sense to get this resolved.
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Thanks HP.
Yes I have read with interest the ridiculousness and insensitivity of the current situation.
We don't want to close the account, just change the name of the account holder, as I dont think its legal to keep the account in the deceased name.
Its a bit odd actually. The account is called one thing, (ie the login name) and the address of the 'account holder' is the actual community centre, but when it was set up,  I had to give an actual name.  it actually appears I can edit the account details from the member centre, specifically the named person on the account.
I am not in any position to get anything like the death certificate etc.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

I'd change it to "The Secretary".  Wink
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Good idea.
Will let you know if it works.
C
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Nah wont let me change the account name. Only phone numbers etc.
I have asked a question, to change the account name to The Secretary hopefully I will get a sensible reply. Crazy
We dont need to change the account name as such, just the name of the 'so called' account holder details.