cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account holder now in care home - need to cancel

Brikat
Dabbler

Account holder now in care home - need to cancel

A couple of years ago my partner's father opened a PlusNet broadband account. After falling ill he has now had to move into a care home and his house is up for sale. Consequently we need to cancel his account (we have Power of Attorney over his affairs).
After trying to contact the Customer Options team several times and being left hanging on the phone, I wrote to PlusNet on 7th November. No response has been forthcoming. This week I have tried ringing again, but I can't spend my life hanging on to a phone in the hope that sometime someone will answer! Can anyone here help?
8 REPLIES 8
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Account holder now in care home - need to cancel

can you provide a username or ticket number from the account to identify it
Brikat
Dabbler

Yes, username is jdancy.

adie:quote
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, I'm afraid the letter hasn't been added to the account yet, though as soon as it is our team will be in touch. Sorry for the delay.
EDIT: Apologies, just been pointed out to me that that is November, not December - sorry about that. If you drop us an email with details and a copy of the power of attourney we'll get it sorted for you. Send it to documents@plus.net Smiley
Brikat
Dabbler

Quote from: Matt
Hi, I'm afraid the letter hasn't been added to the account yet, though as soon as it is our team will be in touch. Sorry for the delay.

Matt,
I have just discovered that Customer Options raised a ticket no. 77109127I on 12th November without notifying me and then closed it on 13th November. What is going on? Can you make sure that all communication is with me (username Brikat) and not to jdancy?
Brian
Brikat
Dabbler

Quote from: Matt
EDIT: Apologies, just been pointed out to me that that is November, not December - sorry about that. If you drop us an email with details and a copy of the power of attourney we'll get it sorted for you. Send it to documents@plus.net Smiley

Matt,
My reply crossed with your edit! I will email a copy of the PoA this evening.
Thanks,
Brian
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

So it did Smiley I was going to say we'd need that anyway as it doesn't look like it was sent with the letter, but I'm very very sorry about how that ticket was dealt with (or rather, not) and will ensure that's fed back to the agent concerned.
Brikat
Dabbler

Matt,
I sent a pdf copy of the PoA last night so I hope it will now be actioned. I have however investigated a little further and, by logging on as Mr Dancy (going through his paperwork we found his logon & password), I discovered that a ticket no. 77157332 was raised on 13th November under his account, not mine. A letter was then raised to me at a curious mixture of my address & Mr. Dancy's address, asking me to supply the PoA. Now if that letter was actually sent it could never have reached me as it was addressed to a totally incorrect address. Equally, why raise the ticket on Mr Dancy's account when it is no longer in use? The ticket was finally closed yesterday (!) as no PoA had been received. As the request for one had never reached me, that is hardly surprising.
Brian
dick:quote
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there, thanks for sending that in, the account's now closed and there's a new ticket on your own account confirming what's happened. Hope that sorts things out, and many thanks to your father for his custom.
Please let us know if there's anything further we can help with at all.