cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account held for 6 months, then charged one month without asking to continue

tagzy
Dabbler

Account held for 6 months, then charged one month without asking to continue

What it says in the title really. I split up with my partner and instead of cancelling the contract, I decided to put it on hold for 6 months in case I needed it in the near future for a different property, which would have saved me paying the cessation fee. I was assured that I would be contacted when the 6 month period was about to expire and I made sure I would not be charged for the service unless I stated that I wanted to continue using it. Recently my ex was contacted by email saying that a £15 bill was due (line rental and bb) without notifying me or her beforehand. She has now paid the bill and the £25 cessation charge. It is possible to get a refund for the £15 line rental and bb? I think it would only be fair as I was assured I wouldn't be charged anything extra without consent and charging for something that's not being used and can't be accessed (neither my ex nor I live in the property anymore).
Thanks in advance for any help.
1 REPLY 1
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Account held for 6 months, then charged one month without asking to continue

tagzy,
Being honest with you when we put accounts on hold its usually an agreement that we make you aware prior to doing this as to when charges will start to be made again. However I will look into this on your account and see what we can agree on.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team