Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account doesn't exist after creating it and paying for the contract

FIXED
johnwraight16
Fixes: 1

Account doesn't exist after creating it and paying for the contract

I have just recently created an account and have paid for a contract, and now I cannot login to my account. I have no idea what is going on. I tried to reset password but am told the account doesn't exist.

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Account doesn't exist after creating it and paying for the contract

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Chat to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Morning John, as discussed via PM over the weekend I've checked our systems using the details you've given me and there's no account setup. It's safe to set up a new account and if you haven't got the money back yet for the first account which didn't create, you should do this week.

Feel free to let me know if you do go ahead with setting up a new account and I'll be happy to check up on this for you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
johnwraight16
Fixes: 1

Fix

I believe the issue here is that the payment page timed out as I did leave it open for an extensive period of time. Therefore no account was created and the process of setting up the contract failed. I appreicate the help but I've just signed with NOW Broadband for £30/month for 12 months as it works out cheaper and less hassle messing around with 'cashback' and calculating the effective cost of the full contract when you have 12 months of line rental saver worked into a 18 month contract. Comes out as £31-£32 a month. Plusnet being the second cheapest option but a ball ache to work-out none the less.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @johnwraight16 

Ahhh that makes sense and I'm sorry you've decided to go elsewhere.

Hopefully you'll consider us again at some point in the future.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Looks like a customer lost arising from the complexity of cash back in place of simple straightforward competitive pricing!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.