Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account closure impasse

adagio
Grafter

Re: Account closure impasse

Quote from: HarryB
The account was still open and accessible when the breakdown and total amount outstanding were put on the tickets.
If the account was not accessible, I fail to see how the customer responded to the ticket on the account that had the charges on.
I do appreciate it is no longer accessible, however the information was produced on the account while the account was open. The account was not closed until the date we had advised the amount needed to be paid by.

Absolute rubbish -  the first email I received (being an authorised contact) was dated 10/12/2015 which was, I believe, 1 day after the end of the written notice period. As soon as I received it, that day, I checked the members' area. It was inaccessible. My sister-in-law did not move to another provider but rather into a care home as has been explained.

Your username: xxxxxxx
Dear Miss xxxxxx yyyyyyyy
We are sorry to hear that you have recently migrated your services away from Plusnet.
Once we had received confirmation your service had moved to another provider we calculated your final bill. This includes any outstanding subscription charges on your account including contractual fees and scheduled call charges.
Unfortunately we were unable take a payment from the details we hold; your account now has an outstanding balance.
What happens now?
In order to allow us to fully close your account we need take a payment from you as soon as possible. To make a payment you can you call our payment line from your landline on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200 from your mobile between 7.30am and 10pm, 7 days a week. 
It is important that you do this as soon as possible to prevent further recovery action being taken to recover the outstanding amount.  It’s also likely that this action will lead to additional charges being applied to your account.
If you are experiencing difficulties making a payment or would like to discuss your bill further; please call us soon as possible so we can talk to you about the options available.
If you have recently made a payment please discard this letter, let us thank you for your custom.

Yours sincerely,

zzzzzzzzz
Head of Plusnet Billing

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I cannot believe this stupidity!
For God's sake will someone at Plusnet see some common sense and just send David the details of the amount owed and how it is calculated (or reactivate the account so that he can look at the tickets you've referred to). He'll then make sure it's paid somehow and the matter will be at an end.
I don't know how long it is before Plusnet's automatic procedures kick in on unpaid debt, but I was being serious when I posted
Quote from: spoon
Looks like the first time you'll be told what's owed is when they pass it on to a debt collection agency! Sad

There's a serious risk of this coming true.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

As the account in question isn't David's I can't PM them a breakdown of charges.
I have no reason to lie about what I said in my previous post.
A breakdown of charges, along with a total amount owed was put on the account on 25/11/15, advising that the amount needed to be paid by 03/12/15.
The same breakdown of charges along with a total amount was put on a new ticket, also created on 25/11/15, and there was a response via the member centre asking about a letter that had been sent previously that advised an incorrect cease date.
Unfortunately I can't add anything further to this, we are just starting to go around in circles. I am sorry, but all I can advise at this point is to give us a call.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Why can't the account be re-activated so that the tickets can be seen?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adagio
Grafter

All now settled  Smiley