cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account closure following migration

paulpud
Hooked

Account closure following migration

As a Plusnet broadband customer for the past five years, I migrated my broadband service earlier this month as part of a phone/broadband service with another provider.
My order was placed with the other provider on 18th October and I was informed that the migration process would be dealt with entirely by them and there was no need for me to do anything.
Having had no communication from Plusnet up to the point when my broadband service changed over on 5th November, I logged into my account to see if there was any notification regarding its closure. As there was no indication of this I contacted Plusnet via online support and then, as requested, spoke to the customer options team the following day who assured me that the issue would be sorted and my account would be closed.
As of today (10th November) I am yet to receive any confirmation of this and my account still appears to be fully active. Should I have received some form of confirmation of the account closure by now?
8 REPLIES 8
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Account closure following migration

Hi paulpud,
Sorry for the confusion here. I can see you called in to speak to us about this. However the request to close the account wasn't handled correctly.
Feedback is being passed on to the agent concerned.
I'll make sure the account is closed via the correct process ASAP.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
paulpud
Hooked

Thanks for looking at it Adam but, unfortunately, even though a week has now passed there doesn't seem to have been any movement.
I've had my monthly email today to tell me my direct debit payment is imminent and on logging into my account there is still no mention of its closure, only that my next payment is due around the 18th December.
I'd appreciate it if this could be looked at again.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'd appreciate it if this could be looked at again.

Sure and really sorry that the account hasn't been closed as per the request I forwarded on.
I'm taking ownership of this instead.
We'll just need to wait for the direct debit payment to clear before refunding it, following that I'll close the account for you and confirm that I've done so via an update to this thread.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
paulpud
Hooked

Could I ask if there has been any progress with my account closure?
The direct debit left my bank account 10 days ago but I've just logged in to my Plusnet account and there still seems to be no indication of it's closure, just a note that my next payment is due around the 18th December.
Thanks
paulpud
Hooked

Another 8 days have now passed but there still appears to have been no progress and the date of my next due direct debit payment is getting nearer.
Could I please have this looked at again?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Paulpud,
Really sorry this wasn't picked up as per when I last replied, my bad.
I've closed the account for you and have arranged for a refund by cheque for the last bill taken.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Razorback
Grafter

@ Paulpud
As you dont owe Plusnet and they are refunding by cheque I suggest you close down the DD if you have not done so already to prevent further monies being taken.
paulpud
Hooked

The account now appears to be closed so I can cancel the direct debit as suggested by Razorback.

Thanks for sorting this out for me.