cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account closed mid October, but billed to 5th November! - give me my money back

emerald
Grafter

Account closed mid October, but billed to 5th November! - give me my money back

Despite online chat and raising a support question and promises of a refund, I still don't have my refund.

Is it best to speak to the bank re the Direct Debit Guarantee?

10 REPLIES 10
corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

Re: Account closed mid October, but billed to 5th November! - give me my money back

Short answer - Yes.

Longer answer - there are problems with the new billing system (introduced 1st September) which means a lot of (all?) final bills are "stuck" in the system, and it may take some while for this to be fixed (it has already taken several months, and there's no visible signs of progress).

emerald
Grafter

Re: Account closed mid October, but billed to 5th November! - give me my money back

Thanks for the update, but that isn’t my problem. I’m entitled to a refund as promised and I won’t be waiting for months! Looks like I best ring the bank.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Home Phone to Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi there @emerald, thanks for your post.

As my response contains sensitive, account specific information, I've responded via a ticket found at the below link:

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=185056234

Please let us know if you respond to the ticket so that we can pick it up ASAP for you.

mickeyetc
Grafter

Hi

added [-Censored-] here to stop the forum detecting that I've posted this elsewhere

just a heads up to all the customers that read this

I was mis-sold a product from plusnet and when I spoke to the tech team to clarify that plusnets broadband would do what I required the tech lady seemed uneducated and asked me "what is a VPN". so I cancelled my broadband/telephone as it was unfit for my working from home and I wasn't prepared to gamble that it would work.

All seemed fine, I got an email to say that there was no charge as I was in the 14 day cooling off period. (10 days)

To my horror these last few weeks as I noticed that the direct debits that was supposed to have been cancelled were being taken out. 3 months in total. I quickly got online and cancelled my direct debit on my banking app then contacted PlusNet.

The call took nearly 2 hours to get through and I was told that their updated system had issues and they would send out to my address a Cheque for the services I did not receive. This deadline for the cheque was today and it never arrived.

To make things worse when I cancelled the Direct debit I got numerous TxTs and emails threatening me to restrict my services and have additional costs put onto my account as the direct debits had been cancelled.

So this was the last straw.

I have passed all the correspondences to the Ombudsman and also the research team at the BBC watchdog programme.

I have spent about 12 hours in phone calls over the last 3 months and they have gotten me no where Once the Ombudsman has dealt with this Company I will be seeking litigation

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @mickeyetc 

added [-Censored-] here to stop the forum detecting that I've posted this elsewhere

We are able to see your multiple posts - I have replied to one with our most recent updates and current position. 

I would respectfully as you to refrain from hijacking other posts as (also mentioned in my other reply) this makes it extremely difficult to track you replies and may result in us missing a key piece of information provided by yourself. It also makes our reply time longer as we must track your most recent reply and cross reference against your others to ensure we have the full picture. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

emerald
Grafter

@oscarpapa

Still no refund despite promising it was sent on 22nd November! Looks like the bank or the FO to sort.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sorry to see that emerald, I've just passed a query through to our billing team on ticket 185056234 to get that looked into. - Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
emerald
Grafter

You have just emailed me say you're refunding me £6.26 by cheque! I don't pay you by cheque!!!

You actually owe half of Oct and November which totals £29.75.

If monies aren't credited to my account by 31st December, I will do a DD indemnity claim and also contact the Ombudsman. 

I can't believe the hassle and the time this is taking when you clearly closed my account mid October. There is no point you disputing the amount as you closed the account so you know what date to bill me to.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Unfortunately we can't send you the money back any other way, but I'm sorry to see that we've not refunded enough. I've worked out an additional refund now and updated you via your account with more detail.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet