Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account closed due to non payment, but I've been paying

FIXED
Rapthorne
Rising Star

Account closed due to non payment, but I've been paying

So I noticed the usual billing annoyances yesterday but couldn't get through to customer services due to a well over 1 hour wait time.
I just got in touch this morning over the phone, and apparently my account has been closed and referred to a debt collection agency.

I don't have any debt to plusnet, though. Every time the billing has failed, I've phoned up to get my account unrestricted and immediately pay my bill. The gentleman I spoke to on the phone even said there are no outstanding debts so he doesn't know why it happened.
I am incredibly miffed though because he said that because its been referred for collection, there is nothing he can do and I might have Mt Internet cut off until they send me out a letter and give me a number to contact. They also don't seem to work weekends.
I'm really at a loss here. I've tried to be as understanding and kind and patient as possible with the billing issues, but this is getting a tad silly.
CPU: Ryzen 7 1800X @ 4GHz
GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1060 6GB
Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz
Case: Red/Black NZXT S340 Elite
3 REPLIES 3
Rapthorne
Rising Star

Re: Account closed due to non payment, but I've been paying

My account has also experienced the usual restriction, so if your magic wand works for this I'd really appreciate it @Gandalf
CPU: Ryzen 7 1800X @ 4GHz
GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1060 6GB
Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz
Case: Red/Black NZXT S340 Elite
idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

@Rapthorne wrote:
So I noticed the usual billing annoyances yesterday but couldn't get through to customer services due to a well over 1 hour wait time. I just got in touch this morning over the phone, and apparently my account has been closed and referred to a debt collection agency.
I don't have any debt to plusnet, though..I'm really at a loss here. I've tried to be as understanding and kind and patient as possible with the billing issues, but this is getting a tad silly.

Time you escalated the issue. Far too many people just sit and wait. Do be aware that if you have been referred to a debt collection, that will probably be marked as such on your credit reference file. You might start finding it affecting your credit ratings for credit cards etc. I would write a letter of complaint. Not email, phone etc as they are a total waste of time, as only the small fry answer those. Address it to the CEO of Plusnet - find their name out on the internet. Post it by 'signed for on delivery'. Doesn't cost much to send. Ofcom should be your next port of call, as should be Citizens Advice etc etc

Do you have legal aid on the house insurance? Use it for obtaining advice.

I've been fortunate, so far, when it comes to billing issues with Plusnet but if I did have problems, I'd certainly be bringing the shambles to the attention of media companies. No point running glossy adverts saying life is wonderful at Plusnet when the media companies, such as Watchdog etc start to pull the company down. Do anything rather than just sit around doing nothing.

As to whether it is worth it. Certainly. I've had some wonderful payouts by way of compensation over the years i.e. in the thousands of £££'s.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Fix

Hi @Rapthorne 

I can see that @Satss replied to your other thread regarding this and has raised a ticket to our Debt Management team to investigate further. 

In the interest of consistency, can we keep the conversation aligned to this thread? 

Thanks, 

MoR