cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account closed but no final bill on billing date

ianandpip
Grafter

Account closed but no final bill on billing date

I have closed my Plusnet account and moved to another ISP. My Plusnet billing date was the 19th, but there is no bill for 19th June. Can you please tell me how and when a final bill will be issued?

9 REPLIES 9
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Re: Account closed but no final bill on billing date

Hi @ianandpip,

Thank you for getting in touch.

If the service transferred prior to your billing date, it's likely that this is the reason behind the bill not generating. The final bill is automatically generated within 21 days of account closure.

Thanks again.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
ianandpip
Grafter

Thanks for replying so promptly. I transferred on June 6th, so I will expect the bill to arrive by the 27th.

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

You're welcome @ianandpip

Let us know if you have any further queries and we will be happy to help.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
ianandpip
Grafter

The final bill has now been issued. However, it includes early termination charges, and the balance of the Line Rental Saver has not been refunded. This is not what was agreed with the Ombudsman, so can you please correct the bill and reissue it before payment is taken on July 3.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@ianandpip I've made our complaints team who are monitoring your account aware that your final bill has generated to remove the termination fees however it's likely we'd need to wait until the payment fails first.

Someone should be in touch with you soon via ticket 186638598.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ianandpip
Grafter

It was disappointing to receive another email today threatening me with debt collectors for an amount on a Termination Invoice I do not owe.

A week ago, you informed me via this forum that ‘someone should be in touch’, but there has been no contact, and the 2 open tickets on my account have not been updated.

Can you please advise me the best course of action – should I continue to wait for Plusnet to get in touch, or should I phone the Payments Team as instructed?

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @ianandpip, thanks for your post.

I'm sincerely sorry to hear that this issue hasn't yet been resolved.

To get it remedied, I've just sent your account details over to one of our managers who will have the balance removed ASAP.

As soon as I receive word that it's been done I'll personally update this post to make you aware. I expect this to take place within the next 3 working days but if for any reason it's still showing by Friday, I'll be able to chase it up again for you.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance in the meantime.

*edit: I was a tad overzealous with use of ASAP*

ianandpip
Grafter

Hi

We received a summary of the various charges, credits etc. on 8th July and a cheque arrived on 12th July.  We believe that the figures are now correct and we have received all monies owed.

(PS This forum does seem the most effective way to get issues resolved!)

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to see this is now resolved.

If you need any further assistance please feel free to let us know.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet