cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account closed but STILL being charged

Steven_Thompson
Dabbler

Account closed but STILL being charged

My account was closed in September but I have still been billed for £18.49 and payment was taken yesterday. I do not owe this money. Please refund and look into this ASAP.
4 REPLIES 4
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Account closed but STILL being charged

Hi Steven,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm really sorry to hear that you've been overcharged due to the delay in getting your account cancelled down.

I am happy to raise this with our billing team to get the refund issued via our internal systems, or, alternatively, if you contact your bank you will be able to initiate a refund via the direct debit guarantee (we'd then tie up the loose ends with your bank once you were refunded).

Being open and honest, the DD guarantee route is likely to be quicker as it negates the need to wait for a cheque payment from ourselves (and for the cheque to then clear), but as above, I will happily instigate a refund from our side if that's your preference.

Just let me know.

Best wishes,

Dave

Steven_Thompson
Dabbler

Thanks Dave

As suggested I have spoken to my bank to initiate the refund via the DD guarantee.  The bank has also cancelled the direct debit.

I really hope this is now the end of the matter and that I will receive no further bills.

Steven_Thompson
Dabbler

I have now received a bill for November for money that I do not owe.  Further, I can still log into my account and I see that the next bill is due in December!

PLEASE can somebody take responsibility here and close down my account properly.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi @Steven_Thompson, sorry to hear about this and apologise for the the issues with this. I have raised a ticket here and escalated to our billing team for you.